Magazine article gold

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don’t think this has been posted yet so I hope people don’t mind some light hearted fun in these tough times.

So to the team at GM, I appreciate you may have less content without The Masters and during lockdown, so here’s the pitch:

[Read in American blockbuster film intro voice]

One man, in his final year of 30s, has one last chance and dream to be cut to single figures [i would say scratch and a blog but don’t want to inflame people]. His chance now potentially derailed by a Government lockdown (& probably young family ?).

Trapped and alone (except for said young family), he knows of only one team who can help. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The GM-Team (that bit is probably trademarked!)

The article can track how much improvement can be done in lockdown. I’ll clear it with the boss to have a bit more free time as I’m working for home but otherwise I think it’s very simple. Probably just need:

A mat, net and trackman or Skytrack
Putting mat
Perhaps some speed sticks
Some video coaching and personal training
A lot of lectures on course management
Perhaps a peloton bike given all the pros have them
Maybe a new set of clubs to really get the extra 0.1%

Then at the end, we can either play the medal or potentially world golf rankings may be being questioned (I’d be surprised if they aren’t given forum topics) so in which case perhaps I have a match against Rory to see who’s top dog now!

Now I also don’t want to hog the limelight so perhaps the should be a second player to add a Rocky v Drago style feature. Being humble, I’ll play the “bad” guy with the modern technology above and they can be Rocky with more basic surrounds like an axe and a few fallen trees. Or would it be a sand pit and 3 iron so they could train like Seve?

What do we think, any improvements to the wish list? ? All done with social distancing and staying at home.