Watching Full Swing?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’ve been eagerly anticipating this.

Settled down to watch the first episode last night. Thomas and Speith was just so inane. Dull. Fell asleep and missed half of it. Will try again tonight.
Ep2 focuses largely on Koepka. Fascinating from a psychological perspective. No real golf insights I'd say, other than what goes on between the ears is so crucial.

D

Deleted member 15344

Watched the first 3

1st Episode - very cringey

2nd Episode- Koepka is very dull , can see though how it does affect them not playing well and you can see why he went to LIV and also why he maybe having regrets

3rd Episode- Poulter - what’s to say about him that hasnt already been said

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Watched the first 3

1st Episode - very cringey

2nd Episode- Koepka is very dull , can see though how it does affect them not playing well and you can see why he went to LIV and also why he maybe having regrets

3rd Episode- Poulter - what’s to say about him that hasnt already been said

The Ferrari's are nice? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Blokes a big a hole...

Last edited:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I quite liked the Poulter episode. Seems very dedicated to his family, living to his means, clearly disappointed when he didn't perform and like many global sports people he's chasing as much cash while he can in a limited career

Were folks expecting to see him serving in a soup kitchen & living in a 2-bed terrace or something

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Only watched Ep 1 so far, think it’s already been said those two come across as gobby American college kid types, forced humour and some staged calls in there to boot. Still enjoyed it though, I’m particularly looking forward to Poulter annoying the crap out of me, I’ve never been a fan from day 1 🤣

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have only watched the first one, and tbh didn’t think it too bad. Thought they came across as rather priveleged, but the most annoying thing was the galleries. It was hard to think they don’t reflect their countrymen well..

Swango1980

Visit site
Watched first 2 episodes so far.

Episode 1: Follows Justin Thomas and Jordan Spieth. Indeed, they are very much the stereotypical US college kids. A bit vulgar, loud, etc. Not my cup of tea, but at the same time I would feel really snobbish if I was critical of that. They didn't come across as nasty characters, they were just young, a bit loud and competitive, especially against each other. It also lent itself to the sort of story I'd expect. Early on following Justin Thomas' struggles, and ending with his victorious and emotional moment. Some dramatic music to boot.

Episode 2: Follows Brooks Koepka. Always thought he came across as dull, and never really a fan. However, I also just saw him as another cocky American. Interesting to see that he is anything but. Crisis in confidence, insecure and emotionally drained. In fairness, it has shifted my opinion a little / lot, and I wouldn't be too disappointed to see him have another stellar moment in his career. Now that I know he isn't actually walking around 100% of the time with his head up his own backside. It does help explain more why he made the decision to join LIV when he did (perhaps that is discussed later in the series)

I think I'll binge watch 2 or 3 more tonight.

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Enjoyed the first one last night, gonna rewatch with the wife see if she enjoys if not I'll plough through them

peld

Visit site
watched the first 4 so far, though 5 might be better.

Its light hearted - its aimed at everyone, not only golfers. Joel Dahmen episode was good.
I wish i had a pound every time they said "if they dont make the weekend they dont get paid..."

evemccc

Visit site
He’s clearly lost it mentally.

Haven’t seen it but I wonder if he actually knew how it would come across, or if he was oblivious? By all accounts he’s a macho guy who strikes me as quite insecure — surely he won’t be happy with how this has been produced and with the near unanimous reaction which is to pity him

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I watched it all yesterday, found it very interesting.

The Joel Dahman section was interesting, but did they record everyone playing in the US Open, because it seemed very fortunate that they happened to film him when he had is highest ever finish.
I'm sure I read somewhere that they've recorded over 5000 hours of footage....so, yeah, they probably filmed everyone...

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I found the crowd on the major footage for Fitzpatrick a bit shocking but then it widely reported they don’t like non Americans. Watched them all now and it was a great insight. I loved Finau’s. I got a bit sick of the USA centre of the universe commentary though and would like to see a second serious dive into LIV and the DP tour.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Haven’t seen it but I wonder if he actually knew how it would come across, or if he was oblivious? By all accounts he’s a macho guy who strikes me as quite insecure — surely he won’t be happy with how this has been produced and with the near unanimous reaction which is to pity him
Oblivious I‘d say. He actually didn’t strike me as being that intelligent. Worth a watch though if you get the chance. I can certainly relate him to my occasional struggles.

Swango1980

Visit site
Not sure about that. When he openly says in front of the camera he is embarrassed and ashamed of himself, and when he openly admits he isn't good enough and has no chance against Scheffler, I'm not sure how else he'd think it would come across? It looks to me like he was almost using it as a therapy session, a good way to open up about how he is really feeling.

I suspect that when he is on form, he is very single minded, and comes across as really arrogant and a macho guy. But, when he goes through a bad patch, he beats himself up (i.e. I agree with your insecure comment).

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
He’s clearly lost it mentally.
He needs to smell the roses, get some perspective. If not he could well spiral, deeper than he has already. It would be a great shame if he can't get past this. He doesn't look as though life's bringing him much happiness which to us as outsider's is crackers.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watched the 1st 3.

don't really have an opinion either way with Speith and Thomas - They're frat boys, old friends and like a bit of competition. Not necessarily my kind of people but can't really get offended either way.

Brooks has always come across as a bit of a douchebag and the episode with him doesn't change that really - as others have said, he seems to be depressed which is sad to see, so you do kind of feel a bit sorry for him.

Poults shows himself as a MASSIVE helmet, which isn't at all shocking. Looking forward to the episodes with Finau, Dahman, Fitz etc.

Overall I'm enjoying it as I love "behind the curtain" type documentary stuff - even if they're a bit scripted or not.