Strange week...

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So I won’t to the range last Wednesday evening and literally shanked every ball. So bad that I had to get a second basket to try and sort it. It was so bad that even my girlfriend was cringing. So I got her to film a swing a two and sent a ‘cry for help’ message to an excellent coach I used to have lessons with.

He replied when I got home and asked for a video. He sent me a video review via a smartphone app he uses for some coaching. He did this free of charge in fairness.

Fast forward to the Saturday comp and I’m going along ok but have a bad 4 holes in the middle of the round and and up scoring 31 points. No shanks, but still a bit gutted to miss buffer.

I managed to build up some brownie points last week with the boss from building nursery furniture and wallpapering so managed to sneak out for a round today.

I scored 22 points on the front 9. I had a couple of wobbles on the back 9 (including NR on 16) but managed 17 points there.

So all in all a good day with 39 points with one NR. A massive well done to my playing partners who’s cards were gone by say the 12th, but they stuck it out in the howling wind and rain between the 9th and 13th to get me through the round. I would imagine I’ll be in with a shot of a good finish in the comp today with (I assume) not many entering the comp, and the tough conditions.

Looking forward to my club match tomorrow evening now!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Well done, especially in what sounds like hard conditions. I had a similar(ish) experience. I had been hitting it OK, warmed up this morning and hit every ball badly. On the course I had no tempo, couldn't feel where the club was in the swing and ended up pat, patting it round to a buffer zone

D

Deleted member 21258

Hope the good play continues for you and hope you won the match.