Virtuocity - stack and tilt swing.................

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
In the future, there's no way I'll be taking 200 balls. But I'm going through a learning process whilst wanting to keep enjoying the game.

If I left after 50 balls today, chances are my clubs would be chucked into the garage for a few months.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
In the future, there's no way I'll be taking 200 balls. But I'm going through a learning process whilst wanting to keep enjoying the game.

If I left after 50 balls today, chances are my clubs would be chucked into the garage for a few months.

:rofl: It can get you like that sometimes.

I often find when taking a large number of balls, the focus goes and it can decend into a whack-fest.

I'd much sooner hit 25/50 quality balls per session and keep the focus.

As an example. I go to the range in my dinner hour. I have 25 balls that take me about 30 minutes to get through (... Sometimes longer depending what I'm working on).

Once I've hit them, I'll do 20 minutes putting, then back to work.

I like to think I've given every ball my full attention and not just blindly smashed them down the range.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
BROKE 100!!!!!!!! Wooooo hooooooooo!!!!!!

Thought I'd play rubbish today after my first game of badminton in 10 years last night (18 stones worth of ouch).

Anyhoo went out and hit a 94 which I'm delighted with. The thing was, now I remember to keep my left hip out by a few inches whilst maintaining my top half at a centred position, my driving has never been better or more consistent. My 94 today was a complete breeze and I only one-putted once on the last par 3. I left plenty of shots out there.

With my weight bias sorted at address, duffs have went down to a mere handful.

Next step- score on average 94 or better over the next 6 rounds (that would take me from an unofficial 28 to an unofficial 22- my target is 18 this year).

As this is a S&T thread and not a blog, I'd better end with a question.

Although there is a slight weight bias to the left at address, my drives are much more controlled if I stick my left hip towards the target by looooooaaaaads. Plus, my distance isn't too bad. Should I be looking to minimise the amount my left hip is out at address over time?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Possibly... the question is that you say looooooaaads but how much is that in reality - time to send me another vid me thinks :thup:

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Vids will be here by the end of the week. I have been shopping around for a camera as attempts to use my blackberry at the range failed massively (or epic fail to those under 18). Stupidly, I didn't even consider that just a few months ago I bought Mrs V a brand new Ipad with 1080HD video capabilities. I will be taking this down the range either tomorrow (if I'm not too sore) or Thursday morning at the latest.

Any requests? Down the line will be simple enough, but there isn't much room for a face-on shot.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went to a par 66 course this morning and shot 84. Delighted to say the least!

I would like to distance my performance from James' advice about my grip and takeaway- it had nothing at all to do with my PB today.

Winter tees were a pest and in a more difficult position than the actual tee boxes!

Driving was pants but approach play was excellent and my putter was on fire.

After days like this I'm even more confident that I'll go from 28 to 18 handicap by the end of the year.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Vids will be here by the end of the week. I have been shopping around for a camera as attempts to use my blackberry at the range failed massively (or epic fail to those under 18). Stupidly, I didn't even consider that just a few months ago I bought Mrs V a brand new Ipad with 1080HD video capabilities. I will be taking this down the range either tomorrow (if I'm not too sore) or Thursday morning at the latest.

Any requests? Down the line will be simple enough, but there isn't much room for a face-on shot.

go to the range at Playsport, loads of bays and a couple with a place to place an iPad face on and DTL

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I would like to distance my performance from James' advice about my grip and takeaway- it had nothing at all to do with my PB today.

I suppose you're after some ego boosting praise for actually being the one swinging the club? :rofl:

84 huh? That's FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! :thup: :thup:

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
good to hear of the recent pb's. Keep it up and 18h/c will be a walk in the park

a G&T is the only option I have, getting golf fever although the snow/recent crap weather helps.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
In all seriousness though, I'd like to publicly thank James (Justone) for all of his FREEEEE advice. I'm sure he'll be nice enough to continue to help me (until I get to his handicap in 2016!!!).

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm sure he'll be nice enough to continue to help me (until I get to his handicap in 2016!!!).

His is heading in your direction pretty rapidly too, so it could be sooner! :D

Well done btw! Breaking 80 is the next challenge. Relax and it will happen!