Vaccines use of part information

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
There are a variety of other delivery mechanisms in development. Nasal vaccines are available for flu, the ones kids get, for example, and certainly plausible here. Delivery to the nasopharynx is clearly suitable for a virus that enters the same route. Oral is also possible, but I would think it is more problematic in development terms so less likely to be a success in my opinion. It does have the massive advantage of needing a lot less NHS staff input. Could be mailed out to patients. There are also patches in development which are self administered and slowly absorbed.

However this all pans out, the field of vaccine development has taken a quantum step forward.

I'd just like to say thanks for all your inputs to the various posts. Very very helpful in helping understand what is going on.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So I guess you are going to ignore the fact that also during the same period the country have been going through a huge vaccine program and that’s many other non essential areas including hospitality are still closed

You always appear to want to stick the blame towards people “not behaving”
Oh come on, the vaccination program isn't what's reduced deaths and infections recently, it's people being locked down. And! The recent increase was due to people passing it around, period!

D

Deleted member 15344

Oh come on, the vaccination program isn't what's reduced deaths and infections recently, it's people being locked down. And! The recent increase was due to people passing it around, period!
Sorry but what ?

Are you saying that the vaccine program has had no effect on the number of cases and deaths ?

You stated “if people behaved then the cases wouldn’t have risen” ? So are you suggesting that the cases and deaths increased due to people misbehaving ?‍♂️

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sorry but what ?

Are you saying that the vaccine program has had no effect on the number of cases and deaths ?

You stated “if people behaved then the cases wouldn’t have risen” ? So are you suggesting that the cases and deaths increased due to people misbehaving ?‍♂️
Yes, that's absolutely what I'm saying. The group's currently vaccinated are not those that will have been mainly responsible for increasing the virus spread and it's too soon for the vaccination to have a sizable effect on infections.

Whatever excuses you want to suggest it's been people's lifestyles that created the huge increases around the country and the restrictions to their lifestyles that has created the big reduction.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes, that's absolutely what I'm saying. The group's currently vaccinated are not those that will have been mainly responsible for increasing the virus spread and it's too soon for the vaccination to have a sizable effect on infections.

Whatever excuses you want to suggest it's been people's lifestyles that created the huge increases around the country and the restrictions to their lifestyles that has created the big reduction.

First of all the data from the medical experts have highlighted the impact of the vaccine program on reducing the level of cases and deaths

Next the majority of people are adhering to the lockdown restrictions

The level of people “misbehaving” will be very very small

People are still interacting with others because they are either

Still working in line with restrictions
Have children within school or nursery

That percentage is higher than lockdown 1 because more areas of work are still open

So there are still the means for the virus to be transmitted around people.

The “huge” increases before lockdown 3 were there because people could still all go to work , kids still in school , families could mix indoors , hospitality was still open.

The huge increase during December wasnt down to people misbehaving it was down to people just living their lives under the restrictions at that time

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Please don't change my posts to say something I didn't believe and makes no sense. If you want to make it political then have the gonads to post it yourself please.

Oh right, so when you implied I said something the other day it was ok. Glad we cleared that up. And for the record. My opinion was that folk are passing it on because they are allowed to. Lockdown really.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Oh right, so when you implied I said something the other day it was ok. Glad we cleared that up. And for the record. My opinion was that folk are passing it on because they are allowed to. Lockdown really.
I repeat, don't alter my posts. If you have a point to make then make it yourself.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
First of all the data from the medical experts have highlighted the impact of the vaccine program on reducing the level of cases and deaths

Next the majority of people are adhering to the lockdown restrictions

The level of people “misbehaving” will be very very small

People are still interacting with others because they are either

Still working in line with restrictions
Have children within school or nursery

That percentage is higher than lockdown 1 because more areas of work are still open

So there are still the means for the virus to be transmitted around people.

The “huge” increases before lockdown 3 were there because people could still all go to work , kids still in school , families could mix indoors , hospitality was still open.

The huge increase during December wasnt down to people misbehaving it was down to people just living their lives under the restrictions at that time
Please show where medical experts have shown how the vaccines have reduced infection rates significantly.

I agree that the majority are adhering to lock down rules, it doesn't take a majority to increase infection rates and we are talking about rates before the current lockdown here.

People have been working for a long time now and do you have proof that high numbers of infections have been in the workplace. The data I saw recently suggested most infections were passed on through social meetings. The majority of deaths have not been from people going to work, have they, but people bringing it to them.

Have no doubt about it most infection spread has been caused by people not following rules.

D

Deleted member 15344

Please show where medical experts have shown how the vaccines have reduced infection rates significantly.

I agree that the majority are adhering to lock down rules, it doesn't take a majority to increase infection rates and we are talking about rates before the current lockdown here.

People have been working for a long time now and do you have proof that high numbers of infections have been in the workplace. The data I saw recently suggested most infections were passed on through social meetings. The majority of deaths have not been from people going to work, have they, but people bringing it to them.

Have no doubt about it most infection spread has been caused by people not following rules.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-55913913

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-56145392

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....-israel-transmission-latest-b1805313.html?amp

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...shot-stops-covid-s-spread-israeli-study-shows

Do you need anymore ?

Do you understand what that “social meeting” entails ? It includes kids coming back from school and being inside with parents

People still interact with others

That was high during October and then December and families were meeting each other before lockdown 3 and many other areas were still open - pubs , restaurants , hairdressers, gyms - add in the colder weather helping transfer the virus it all adds up

It’s not down to people breaking restrictions , the deaths and increase in cases weren’t down to breaking restrictions. Unless you would like to provide the substantive proof to show that most of the transmissions and deaths are down to people misbehaving

redbrownie

Visit site
The majority of transmission comes from indoor settings. It's completely logical and fair to assume that it's more likely for that to be happening in work places that remain open, where people are around each other all day, as opposed to the odd meeting of a minority of people outside of the rules.

Some people won't follow the restrictions, there's no doubt about that.

That isn't the reason for the number of cases and associated lockdowns though; all of that has been controlled by the governments response.

Everyone knew a year ago that there would be multiple waves and therefore multiple lockdowns, with the government controlling things via a number of levers.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-55913913

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-56145392

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-vaccine-pfizer-israel-transmission-latest-b1805313.html?amp

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...shot-stops-covid-s-spread-israeli-study-shows

Do you need anymore ?

Do you understand what that “social meeting” entails ? It includes kids coming back from school and being inside with parents

People still interact with others

That was high during October and then December and families were meeting each other before lockdown 3 and many other areas were still open - pubs , restaurants , hairdressers, gyms - add in the colder weather helping transfer the virus it all adds up

It’s not down to people breaking restrictions , the deaths and increase in cases weren’t down to breaking restrictions. Unless you would like to provide the substantive proof to show that most of the transmissions and deaths are down to people misbehaving
Those links do not prove vaccinations HAVE reduced infections so far, they only show they have the potential to do so in the future. The large reductions in infections are not due to vaccinations, they started as soon as we went into a lockdown, just like every time we have gone into lockdown.

I do understand what social meeting entails, that's why I haven't contracted Covid. When the infection rates became extremely high in January it wasn't due to people going up the pub or having their hair cut, we were in tiered lockdown and many areas were in tier four where they couldn't do any of those things but the rates still soared.

I agree school children have been a source of infection and we have to ask why, it's because their lack of distancing, facemasks and hygiene, I admit that some infection in schools is inevitable and in my opinion it was not good policy to have them in school whilst infection and related deaths were so high. I still think it's too early for them to go back now.

I will append the list that I think Ethan provided that showed where infections had been prevalent if I can find it.

Last edited: