Vaccines use of part information

D

Deleted member 15344

The Lockdown is a success in it's own right, it's people's actions that have created most of these deaths, just take a look at how the infection rates have tumbled over the last month. The vaccines are another influence to get us out of this mess.

Why do you keep blaming politicians for everything.
Really ?

What actions are these that have caused most of the deaths ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For the second vaccination they basically need to double what they are currently doing, I think that is a big ask.

Worth bearing mind that a lot of people would have been getting there second jab from about the beginning of February so they are already coping with two types patient.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The Lockdown is a success in it's own right, it's people's actions that have created most of these deaths, just take a look at how the infection rates have tumbled over the last month. The vaccines are another influence to get us out of this mess.

Why do you keep blaming politicians for everything.

like I said it’s political, and at the respect of the mods I will leave it at that. What is not political is where have I said Politicians are to blame for everything.

D-S

Visit site
Worth bearing mind that a lot of people would have been getting there second jab from about the beginning of February so they are already coping with two types patient.
Also the ramping up of vaccine production through March and addition of other manufacturers such as Moderna from April.

D

Deleted member 15344

Mixing with others? How else does transmission occur?

If you look at in that generic view then every single death will be down to transmission but if any of the previous SR posts are to go by with I believe it was looking towards people not following lockdown correctly

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
If you look at in that generic view then every single death will be down to transmission but if any of the previous SR posts are to go by with I believe it was looking towards people not following lockdown correctly

And I suspect it is. There must be many instances where small, indoor meet ups have occurred . Which were against guidance/rules. Families, mates etc
These wouldn't be known about, and yes, not able to be "proved", but there was ( in a thread on this forum) a recent table of what situations created most infections, and top of the list was indoor household meetings.
There were well publicised large meet ups too.
If not what S R and I are considering the main reason, I.e non compliance of the guidelines ( such compliance being outlined ,and which I saw urged, at every broadcast coronavirus update),
then tell us what guidelines caused the spread?

Last edited:

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
And I suspect it is. There must be many instances where small, indoor meet ups have occurred indoors. Which were against guidance/rules. Families, mates etc
These wouldn't be known about, and yes, not able to be "proved", but there was ( in a thread on this forum) a recent table of what situations created most infections, and top of the list was indoor household meetings.
If not what S R and I are considering the main reason, I.e non compliance of the guidelines ( such compliance being outlined ,and which I saw urged, at every broadcast coronavirus update),

Weren't we debating previously about this?

It happens very often. No level of lockdown will stop it.

D

Deleted member 16999

And I suspect it is. There must be many instances where small, indoor meet ups have occurred indoors. Which were against guidance/rules. Families, mates etc
Those indoor meet ups could also be explained by people going home! ie Kid brings it from school, gives it to mam and dad who take it to work or shops, or vice versa, parents bring it from work, give it to kid, kid takes it school etc, funny how the numbers have plummeted in line with schools closing.:unsure:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

You have hit the nail on the head, there were small family meet ups over Xmas. They were allowed. But other meet ups have happened. Others have travelled out of the area and not stayed local, Some are that thick they have put happy family day photos on social media. My lad brought it home from work. There are Many reasons why it has been transmitted. I think it is a a topic that cannot be discussed in full without bringing in the policies behind the handling of this Covid. That said, I do hope there is a public enquiry into the handling of this Pandemic.Not just so we can point fingers but a strategy can be put in place so we handle it better should a similar situation arise again. Roll on the vaccine.

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s nice and simple - we aren’t on a full lockdown

People are still working , going shopping , building sites still open , kids still in schools and nurseries - humans are still interacting with other humans within the current guidelines

You are still going to get people transmitting the virus even when people act within the guidelines

The current levels and deaths isn’t mostly down to people breaking guidelines - it’s down to the fact the country is still open in lots of different areas

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Those indoor meet ups could also be explained by people going home! ie Kid brings it from school, gives it to mam and dad who take it to work or shops, or vice versa, parents bring it from work, give it to kid, kid takes it school etc, funny how the numbers have plummeted in line with schools closing.:unsure:

Yes. Valid points. It all adds up.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
You have hit the nail on the head, there were small family meet ups over Xmas. They were allowed. But other meet ups have happened. Others have travelled out of the area and not stayed local, Some are that thick they have put happy family day photos on social media. My lad brought it home from work. There are Many reasons why it has been transmitted. I think it is a a topic that cannot be discussed in full without bringing in the policies behind the handling of this Covid. That said, I do hope there is a public enquiry into the handling of this Pandemic.Not just so we can point fingers but a strategy can be put in place so we handle it better should a similar situation arise again. Roll on the vaccine.

Yes, indeed. A good report today. Hopefully not just wishful thinking.
Some lady Professor is saying possibly Covid vaccines can be given orally or by nasal spray!

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It’s nice and simple - we aren’t on a full lockdown

People are still working , going shopping , building sites still open , kids still in schools and nurseries - humans are still interacting with other humans within the current guidelines

You are still going to get people transmitting the virus even when people act within the guidelines

The current levels and deaths isn’t mostly down to people breaking guidelines - it’s down to the fact the country is still open in lots of different areas
In that case we should still be seeing a thousand plus deaths a day. Those things you mention are still going on but infections and associated deaths have fallen, it proves restricting contact reduces infections, if people behaved the infections wouldn't have risen.

Last edited:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ease restrictions and infection rates go through the roof, tighten them and infection and the associated deaths go down. Of course every single death is due to transmission, where else can it come from.

Hope this reply isn't too generic for you.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just can't help yourself, can you.
You choose to try and fill the white space between the lines. But it is simply the truth that many people hold their ‘we must relax restrictions quickly’ views because there are people in positions of influence and some widely read newspapers who push that point of view. If you don’t like the point of view, you might wish to ask why they hold it and what supports them in doing so. I have suggested why - that’s all. If you are comfortable or agree with their point of view then you have no issue. How else would you explain it?

Last edited:

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, indeed. A good report today. Hopefully not just wishful thinking.
Some lady Professor is saying possibly Covid vaccines can be given orally or by nasal spray!

There are a variety of other delivery mechanisms in development. Nasal vaccines are available for flu, the ones kids get, for example, and certainly plausible here. Delivery to the nasopharynx is clearly suitable for a virus that enters the same route. Oral is also possible, but I would think it is more problematic in development terms so less likely to be a success in my opinion. It does have the massive advantage of needing a lot less NHS staff input. Could be mailed out to patients. There are also patches in development which are self administered and slowly absorbed.

However this all pans out, the field of vaccine development has taken a quantum step forward.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

In that case we should still be seeing a thousand plus deaths a day. Those things you mention are still going on but infections and associated deaths have fallen, it proves restricting contact reduces infections, if people behaved the infections wouldn't have risen.
So I guess you are going to ignore the fact that also during the same period the country have been going through a huge vaccine program and that’s many other non essential areas including hospitality are still closed

You always appear to want to stick the blame towards people “not behaving”

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I watched Bojos talk the other day and then the professors who showed there graphs. I sat with my head in my hands. 548 deaths yesterday. My best mans dad was one of them. Yet we are talking about coming out of lockdown. and some want it quicker.
What am I missing.
lord how I want a political rant about the handling of this pandemic. Am not not am a good boy. ??????????

I feel the lockdown is a gamble on the success of the roll out of this vaccine.

We cannot go on like we have been forever. Yes, BJ is hoping the vaccine will get us out of this, but what other choice does he have? People die every day from all sorts of things. This Covid thing might look bad, but the cancer stats are way worse. The vaccine is the way forward. It will not give 100% immunity, but it will be the best we have. If people have concerns they can still follow the rules that are in place now. I have, and all my familly have, and we have not caught it. I work in a supermarket. My son is in a Primary School and his wife is in a care home. Baring hospitals, these are the worst places for catching Covid, and we've not caught it. We have followed the rules, but OMG have we had enough now. Once jabbed, just me and the wife to go for us, then we will be meeting up without any worries whatsoever, along the guidelines stated by those in power.