TV Series - What Are You Watching?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
The Great Pottery Throwdown, Ch4. I like this programme anyway but at the moment it is the perfect antedote to life's stresses and worries. Nice people doing a harmless and pleasant hobby to the best of their abilities with judges that want to help, not to get a role in next years panto. The standard this year is largely excellent, huegely so in some cases, I'd happily have some of the finished work in my house and I don't buy pottery.

Just watched the first episode of last season on catch-up, some of the ware was really nicely done, totally pegged the winning set, but the two judges made me want to turn it off. The one bragging that everyone must have drunk from a cup designed by her, and the other one balling his eyes out every time he had to comment on a piece.... can't deal with that, will have to fast forward every time they're on if we watch again.

Bit my lip and stuck with it, 3 episodes in and really enjoying it. Makes me want to go back and do some again.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bit my lip and stuck with it, 3 episodes in and really enjoying it. Makes me want to go back and do some again.
Ha ha. In the new series Keith is still a judge but the guy who does the firing has replaced the female judge. He has slotted in well. Keith's crying becomes endearing after a while although it does seem a little odd. I'm also loving the host, the Mother Superior from Derry Girls. Just naturally funny and cheeky.

The standard impresses the heck out of me but that's from someone who has no artistic talent or has never done pottery. You may see holes in the standard, I can't judge, but if so at least you can enjoy the warmth of the show. It's an antidote to current times.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ha ha. In the new series Keith is still a judge but the guy who does the firing has replaced the female judge. He has slotted in well. Keith's crying becomes endearing after a while although it does seem a little odd. I'm also loving the host, the Mother Superior from Derry Girls. Just naturally funny and cheeky.

The standard impresses the heck out of me but that's from someone who has no artistic talent or has never done pottery. You may see holes in the standard, I can't judge, but if so at least you can enjoy the warmth of the show. It's an antidote to current times.

I'm glad I don't have to look at the god awful lipstick on one of the contestants anymore.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watched the first couple of episodes of Lupin on Neflix last night, it's pretty good.
I'm not quite sure where it's going, it almost has the feel of an old classic like The Count Of Monte Cristo, someone from his childhood days knows someone who knows someone else :LOL:

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Watched the first couple of episodes of Lupin on Neflix last night, it's pretty good.
I'm not quite sure where it's going, it almost has the feel of an old classic like The Count Of Monte Cristo, someone from his childhood days knows someone who knows someone else :LOL:

i really enjoyed it - was finishing episode 5 with a fresgh bottle of Malbec underway and knowing there are 7 episodes after checking IMDB and then it finished - waiting on 6 - and found 6 and 7 not out yet!!

D

Deleted member 15344

On searching for a new series to watch have plumped for The Fall after a recommendation from the MIL

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Ha ha, it was ridiculously off putting wasn't it? I'm thinking they had been plumped up a bit as well which didn't help the look.

Yes think she was from Russianbrides.com! Really enjoy the program and like you I’m always in awe of the stuff they produce. Think the short Scottish lass Susan is early favourite, haven’t seen her do anything bad yet!
Also think there is something odd about the new kiln girl Rosie, but can’t put my finger on it. ??

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Been watching the whole series of Trailblazers on Sky Arts. New Romantics tonight - a movement I adopted for six weeks until I got fed up of a kicking every weekend. Went from new romantic to two tone. There are some pictures of my new romantic phase out there. Fortunately I don't think Pathetic Shark has access

There is a great clip of a new Romantic club in one of the episodes of Ashes to Ashes. We all had a good laugh when we recognised our 3rd baseman from the Guildford Mavericks dancing away in the clip. But good luck to him. I love my 80s synth pop and such music. But I will find those pictures, oh yes, I will find them. :giggle:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The Act. US series based on the true story of a woman who subjects her daughter to a terrible life as a result of Munchausen syndrome by proxy. After years of abuse, the daughter murders the mother (not a spoiler as the first episode starts with the murder).

It's grim stuff to be honest, but pretty gripping.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Up to date with Lupin now and I've got to say it's boring the nuts off me, if the missus wasn't so keen I'd be giving it a miss.
Far too many massive plot holes and a flimsy plot to boot, it reminds me of those naff magician type drama shows the Americans are so good at making.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I tried the 2nd season of Trapped but couldn't deal with the slow movement as it didn't have the novelty of the first series. Highly recommend series 1 though.

Onto episode 3 of The Bay series 2, very good ?

Just finished season 2, it was a slow start compared the first, but built up and turned out pretty good overall. Looking forward to season 3 later this year.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Watched the second episode of the Bay last night. Very underwhelming. Seemed to spend 10 mins on the case and the remainder of the program going round in circles about the main character's personal life issue with the father of her kids.

There's a balance to be had between the actual murder mystery and the personal lives of those involved. Unfortunately the Bay is way off at the moment.