TV Series - What Are You Watching?

www.hiltonpark.net
Fauda on Netflix. An Israeli/Palestinian counter terrorism drama. Took a few episodes to get into but now burning through them. Highly recommended but it's subtitled for those that averse.
Loved DNA and Bordertown but am always a sucker for some Scandi Noir.
Back to Life on iPlayer was a really good black comedy we both enjoyed.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Started three new series at the weekend:

COBRA, which has taken me this long to get round to, 4 episodes in and quite enjoying it.

Monster (downloaded via SKY). A Norwegian detective drama, which after 2 episodes I'm skipping to the last to see whodunnit. Have an idea, but am not in the least bit concerned in watching another 5 episodes to find out, the main characters are awful and the show is pretty dire.

Trapped on Amazon Prime. An Icelandic detective drama, which has started off pretty well for the first 2 episodes.

Trapped is excellent. It will continue pretty well and there is a second series.

You could also consider Occupied which is a Norwegian show about Russia staging a sort of invasion.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interesting. I'm a big Equalizer fan, from the TV series with Ed Woodward through the Denzil films.

likewise - the show is very dated now but really enjoyed it when younger even if Edwooowooowooowoood was still a bit over the hill for what he was playing. Both Denzel films are excellent - 2 of the very best action-type films of recent years

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Trapped is excellent. It will continue pretty well and there is a second series.

You could also consider Occupied which is a Norwegian show about Russia staging a sort of invasion.

Really liking Trapped after 4 episodes. Did start Occupied a month or two back, but it was late and fell asleep, need to go back to it at some point. The problem is with this lockdown, it's so easy to start watch something and get hooked in, binge it over a few nights and forget about stuff, still need to go back and finish Lillyhammer,but gone through about another 6 or 7 different series since we started it....

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
likewise - the show is very dated now but really enjoyed it when younger even if Edwooowooowooowoood was still a bit over the hill for what he was playing. Both Denzel films are excellent - 2 of the very best action-type films of recent years

The original show was good in its time, but would be so bad if you watched it today. Denzel took it to another level, and at 66, is still way better than Edwoodwoodwood was when he played it younger, although I just happened to watch the first one last week and did think Denzel was looking a bit old. As for Queen Latifah taking over the Equalizer....

I'm not so sure ...... :censored::eek:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Great Pottery Throwdown, Ch4. I like this programme anyway but at the moment it is the perfect antedote to life's stresses and worries. Nice people doing a harmless and pleasant hobby to the best of their abilities with judges that want to help, not to get a role in next years panto. The standard this year is largely excellent, huegely so in some cases, I'd happily have some of the finished work in my house and I don't buy pottery.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We started watching Finding Alice (ITV) last night, Well...two episodes in and I have no idea how to take it...but my Mrs likes it...

I suppose if I just watch it as just being a rather daft comedrama - and accept all the holes in the plot and script...and everything else that I might pick on...I suppose it might be worth sticking with...

Mind you having Joanna Lumley and Nigel Havers as the 'posh' parents of the main female character (Keeley Hawes) makes for a laugh.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
The original show was good in its time, but would be so bad if you watched it today. Denzel took it to another level, and at 66, is still way better than Edwoodwoodwood was when he played it younger, although I just happened to watch the first one last week and did think Denzel was looking a bit old. As for Queen Latifah taking over the Equalizer....

Hmmm. I'll give the show an airing. "Robin McCall"...:LOL:

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Great Pottery Throwdown, Ch4. I like this programme anyway but at the moment it is the perfect antedote to life's stresses and worries. Nice people doing a harmless and pleasant hobby to the best of their abilities with judges that want to help, not to get a role in next years panto. The standard this year is largely excellent, huegely so in some cases, I'd happily have some of the finished work in my house and I don't buy pottery.

I have that on series record and the same goes for Junior Bakeoff at the moment.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We are watching TGPT

Might have mentioned it before - but along the same gentle lines The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross on BBC4 I find very therapeutic. And not just his voice and quiet delivery.

Bizarrely I think a big part of what what I find relaxing is Bob's repetitive smoothing and scraping with an artists knife of paint on his artist's palette that mostly does it for me - I think it's referred to as ASMR. :eek:

His painting method is very clever also - generating often pretty amazing landscape paintings in half an hour.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Please tell me she will be called Roberta McCall ?. If she plays it calmly it could be okay. That is the essence of McCall, understated.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

Am a big fan of Japanese pottery, have two Japanese professional potter friends out there and bought quite a bit back with us when we came back. Even made a few bits myself a few years back so was quite interested to have a look at this. Just watched the first episode of last season on catch-up, some of the ware was really nicely done, totally pegged the winning set, but the two judges made me want to turn it off. The one bragging that everyone must have drunk from a cup designed by her, and the other one balling his eyes out every time he had to comment on a piece.... can't deal with that, will have to fast forward every time they're on if we watch again.

Last edited:
U

User62651

Been mentioned already I think, Lupin is proving very watchable, a few episdoes in.

Have to say a very good effort with the French to English dubbing, best I've heard to the point of barely noticing it.
Having sat through 3 series of Borgen (also dubbed) it's night and day the difference for the better.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been mentioned already I think, Lupin is proving very watchable, a few episdoes in.

Have to say a very good effort with the French to English dubbing, best I've heard to the point of barely noticing it.
Having sat through 3 series of Borgen (also dubbed) it's night and day the difference for the better.

Lupin seemed to.end at.E.6 ??