TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Started a couple of series this week.

Community, for watching on my own when bored. Seems funny so far, has good potential.

End of The Effing World, for dinner time watching with the missus. I knew it would be weird but it's still.. very weird.
I’ve recently started Community too. Chevy Chase plays a brilliant part.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Designated Survivor on Netflix. Early days but an interesting concept and a strong start. I'm sure this will have created a great pub quiz tie breaker in America in recent years, 'who was the designated Survivor when Bush, Obama, Trump etc were giving State of the Union speeches '

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Designated Survivor on Netflix. Early days but an interesting concept and a strong start. I'm sure this will have created a great pub quiz tie breaker in America in recent years, 'who was the designated Survivor when Bush, Obama, Trump etc were giving State of the Union speeches '
Started this and yes it’s really good .
Found out it has 22 episodes per series so 66 .o_O
Not sire I can watch that many in a year especially when the course reopens.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
WandaVision

I know who vision is but no clue who Wanda is. Did I miss a trick?
Otherwise it is basically ‘bewitched’, right?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
WandaVision

I know who vision is but no clue who Wanda is. Did I miss a trick?
Otherwise it is basically ‘bewitched’, right?

Not bewitched. Going through a sitcom decade every week with some overarching plot in the background as to why these 2 characters are living through sitcoms. Enjoyed the first 2 parts

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Junior Shark is really into the back stories behind Wanda Vision - there were some serious Easter Eggs in those first two episodes - the advert for the watch had the Hydra logo and the manufacturer name was the person who created Hydra in Captain America. And why the sudden red colour appearances? Definitely worth giving a go as there is a bigger Avengers story going on here.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Finished Bordertown last night - really enjoyed it. Standard type cop and killer scandi noir. Set in an unpronouncable city in Finland near the Russian border - St Petersberg not far away and is featured several times as a large Russian connection throughout. Really enjoyable. 3 series but doesn't look like a fourth is planned

Started Deadwood - another Finish cop series. Looks good after 2 episodes so will go through this over the next week

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Reunion..................My childhood right here. I'm not ashamed to say but tears were streaming from the eyeballs.

ps: Ashley Banks still is...:love::love:

Mandofred

Visit site
Junior Shark is really into the back stories behind Wanda Vision - there were some serious Easter Eggs in those first two episodes - the advert for the watch had the Hydra logo and the manufacturer name was the person who created Hydra in Captain America. And why the sudden red colour appearances? Definitely worth giving a go as there is a bigger Avengers story going on here.
I don't watch tv to think:D. I watch tv to make my brain cells stop working.....and having a couple of beers means I get twice the dead cells.

Mandofred

Visit site
You'd have loved me presenting the NFL on Sky then - I could kill off any audience :)
I would say....don't get me going on US tv.....but....the UK is catching up quickly on brainless activity. What is popular in the US.....soon becomes brainlessly popular over here. So....brainless seems to be borderless??

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I don't watch tv to think:D. I watch tv to make my brain cells stop working.....and having a couple of beers means I get twice the dead cells.
The 1st time I watched jfk all those years ago I had no idea about what is going on. I watched it again right after taking down names and drawing flow charts ;-)
Avengers is developing into the same direction.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Started three new series at the weekend:

COBRA, which has taken me this long to get round to, 4 episodes in and quite enjoying it.

Monster (downloaded via SKY). A Norwegian detective drama, which after 2 episodes I'm skipping to the last to see whodunnit. Have an idea, but am not in the least bit concerned in watching another 5 episodes to find out, the main characters are awful and the show is pretty dire.

Trapped on Amazon Prime. An Icelandic detective drama, which has started off pretty well for the first 2 episodes.

Hoganman1

Visit site
Just looking at the list of what is coming up and a few i will be keeping an eye out for
  • The equaliser - as a female - 7 Feb, CBS
  • Clarice - 11 Feb, CBS
  • The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - 19 March, Disney
https://www.imdb.com/whats-on-tv/ls...InternalRedirectSessionId=146-8010772-2715961
We don't watch much network TV anymore. There are way too many commercials. BLACKLIST is the only one and we record that so we can FF through the ads. The new EQUALIZER with Queen Latifah does look interesting as does CLARICE. We will probably give both a look.