TV Series - What Are You Watching?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Quicksand on Netflix. A Swedish drama about a girl on trial for a school shooting. The story is based on a popular Swedish book of the same name, but the show has been penned by the writer of The Bridge. The first couple of episodes are pretty good so far.

Finished this last night, pretty good, but it does raise questions on behaviour.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Teenage Superstars on Sky Arts, all about the Glasgow Indie Scene of the 80's

Have recorded this and am looking forward to watching it. I was in a couple of bands on the periphery of that scene and know a few of the folk who are in it.

If you a fan of that era, I can strongly recommend this book. https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18644279.punk-era-captured-16-years-gigs-scotland-1974---1990/

There a couple of pictures of my bands in, but don't let that put you off!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Schitts Creek, season 5 has absolutely bombed but we’re going to grind it out as we’ve heard season 6 picks up again.

WandaVision has taken way too long to get to the point but it’s absolutely dripping with quality. Ridiculous amount of money they’ve spent on it.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Having been a big fan of The Tunnel, finally gotten around to watching The Bridge. Watching the original Swedish one from the start, not the US, Malaysian or German variations, and really enjoying it. As with The Tunnel, the two leads are excellent. Maybe because we watched Tunnel first, but Stephen Dillane and Clemence Poesy still hold a fond place in my heart and edge the Swedish team out just marginally, but it's a close call. Good thing my minds a bit wayward these days, can't remember the exact story or the outcome despite the Tunnel being a carbon copy. Watching so many Scandi dramas of late, starting to see a lot of familiar faces turn up across them.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having been a big fan of The Tunnel, finally gotten around to watching The Bridge. Watching the original Swedish one from the start, not the US, Malaysian or German variations, and really enjoying it. As with The Tunnel, the two leads are excellent. Maybe because we watched Tunnel first, but Stephen Dillane and Clemence Poesy still hold a fond place in my heart and edge the Swedish team out just marginally, but it's a close call. Good thing my minds a bit wayward these days, can't remember the exact story or the outcome despite the Tunnel being a carbon copy. Watching so many Scandi dramas of late, starting to see a lot of familiar faces turn up across them.
both shows are high on my favourites list - I watched The Bridge first - still the very best Scandi show. The Tunnel runs it close and i would call itr a score draw! Not sure if the US version is worth trying?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
For those liking Scandi drama and looking to while away the lockdown hours, looks like Netflix is really pushing the boat out. Some 80 odd Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and Romanian films and TV shows to debut this month. Don't know owt about any of them, but here's the list from the link

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/coming-soon/whats-coming-to-netflix-uk-in-february-2021-2/

What’s Coming to Netflix UK on February 4th
  • Swedish & Danish licensed content including:
    • Adult Behaviour… It’s All in the Mind
    • Angel
    • Änglar, finns dom?
    • Artificial Svensson
    • As Seen On TV
    • Bitchkram
    • Bitter Sweetheart
    • Blackjack
    • Egg Egg – A Hardboiled Story
    • Erotikon
    • Four More Years
    • Lost and Found
    • Miss Chic
    • Money
    • The Assault

What’s Coming to Netflix UK on February 10th
  • Batch of Nordic Titles:
    • A Serious Game
    • Asfaltenglene
    • Att göra en pudel
    • Bad Faith
    • Barbara
    • Behind Blue Skies
    • Bombay Dreams
    • Cockpit
    • Father of Four – on a Wild Holiday
    • Father of Four: The Return of Uncle Sofus
    • Kalde Føtter
    • Karlas Kabale
    • Kinamand
    • Kurt Blir Grusom
    • Lost and Found
    • Oldboys
    • Reprise
    • Someone Like Hodder
    • Sprængfarlig bombe
    • Staying Alive
    • Stockholm East
    • Superbror
    • The Swimsuit Issue
    • Triple Dare
    • Tur & retur
What’s Coming to Netflix UK on February 17th
  • Batch of Swedish, Romanian, Danish and Norweigen content:
    • A Month in Thailand
    • Aliyah Dada
    • American, venim!
    • Andreaskorset
    • Baba’s Cars
    • Beyond
    • Blodsbånd
    • Breaking News
    • Crossing Dates
    • Departe de tine
    • Detective Downs
    • En folkefiende
    • Excuse Me
    • Fluerne på væggen
    • Homesick
    • Key House Mirror
    • Legaturi bolnavicioase
    • Meda or The Not So Bright Side of Things
    • Mini and the Mozzies
    • Miracle
    • Miracolul din Tekir
    • Olsenbanden Jr Går under vann
    • Olsenbanden Jr. På Rocker’n
    • Overcoming
    • Parterapi
    • People in the Sun
    • Perfect sãnãtos
    • Povestea unui pierde vara
    • Pup-o, ma!
    • Rosa Morena
    • Rosita
    • Sommaren med Göran
    • Svein og rotta
    • Sweet Little Lies in Downtown
    • The Last Sentence
    • The Legacy
    • The World is Mine
    • Titanics ti liv
    • To Love Someone
    • To verdener
    • Ulvenatten
    • United
    • Ursul

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The Serpent. Great acting and edge of the seat stuff.
Still on TV but you can download from iplayer.
We started watching The Serpent on Friday night...and just as you describe - good shout at the TV 'run!!!' and 'don't go with him!!!' stuff :) last episode tonight.
Excellent.

Previous was A Suitable Boy. Worth watching for the fabulous India settings - and a game attempt to compress 1400 page book into six 1hr episodes. Not completely successfully IMO as you feel that many characters and events are bound to have only been touched upon or missed out altogether. But enjoyable nonetheless.