TV Series - What Are You Watching?

D

Deleted member 15344

Watching Little Boy Blue again

Stephen Graham is superb , the program was brilliantly made and with a lot of sensitivity

It’s on ITV Hub - highly recommended

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Absolutely. Depressing is the last word I would use to describe it. By turns it was shocking, humourous, moving and uplifting. Never depressing.

It had a lot of echoes of Small Axe for me, it's terrible to see how badly a minority were treated, but also massively encouraging to reflect how we have moved forward as a society. Racism and homophobia have gone from acceptable sitcom material to things the majority are rightly appalled by.
We started on Its a Sin last night and ended up watching 3 episodes back-2-back. Loved it.

It transported us back to the early 80s - indeed weirdly we could recall quite clearly our own versions of the group in the house and the pub they frequented - as we both (separately at the time) were in the same age group as the main characters and were in similar mixed groups of friends living similar city centre lives (with one important difference)...Mrs living in Covent Garden and me in central Bristol. And so it was very pointed how it took us back to exactly how AIDS was viewed back then - and how it appeared in the news...and how it was portrayed...

And with the music and clothes It's a Sin is a bleedin' time machine...

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Drowning on Channel 5. Typical Channel 5 production with poor acting and very clunky plot...despite that have stuck with it!

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Found the ending to the Drowning a bit of a disappointment. Took off on a strange, overly dramatic route which seemed out of kilter with the rest of the series.

And the business with her work colleague and the gangsters seemed a bizarre, tangential / irrelevant plot. They could have cut all that out and just had her visiting the guy to get a false passport.