TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really enjoyed Adrian Dunbar's Irish Coast last night. Usually any travelogue's on Ireland turn into the same cliche ridden visits to places like the Blarney Stone but Dunbar visited some interesting places / people that got away from the tourist traps.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Found the ending to the Drowning a bit of a disappointment. Took off on a strange, overly dramatic route which seemed out of kilter with the rest of the series.

And the business with her work colleague and the gangsters seemed a bizarre, tangential / irrelevant plot. They could have cut all that out and just had her visiting the guy to get a false passport.

I felt like I was the idiot to continue with a Channel 5 "drama"...when the brother drowned?? Really?? A few seconds of struggling and sank like a stone. Just so easy to be a bit more accurate with that scene!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Really enjoyed Adrian Dunbar's Irish Coast last night. Usually any travelogue's on Ireland turn into the same cliche ridden visits to places like the Blarney Stone but Dunbar visited some interesting places / people that got away from the tourist traps.

Yeah, really enjoyed it. Pity it's just a 2-part series.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having been a big fan of The Tunnel, finally gotten around to watching The Bridge. Watching the original Swedish one from the start, not the US, Malaysian or German variations, and really enjoying it. As with The Tunnel, the two leads are excellent. Maybe because we watched Tunnel first, but Stephen Dillane and Clemence Poesy still hold a fond place in my heart and edge the Swedish team out just marginally, but it's a close call. Good thing my minds a bit wayward these days, can't remember the exact story or the outcome despite the Tunnel being a carbon copy. Watching so many Scandi dramas of late, starting to see a lot of familiar faces turn up across them.

The US Bridge is available on Sky On-demand now.

Occupied is a watchable Norwegian drama about Russia muscling in to the Norwegian oil fields. Quite fast moving for a Scando.

Trapped is an excellent Icelandic murder mystery. Quite slow at times but pretty atmospheric.

D

Deleted member 15344

Finished the first series last night, very tense stuff. I was surprised to see it was made in 2013, totally bypassed me at the time.

I was the same and have only just finished them all - will be interesting to see what you think of it when it finishes

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
The US Bridge is available on Sky On-demand now.

Occupied is a watchable Norwegian drama about Russia muscling in to the Norwegian oil fields. Quite fast moving for a Scando.

Trapped is an excellent Icelandic murder mystery. Quite slow at times but pretty atmospheric.

Finished season 2 of The Bridge last night (Swedish version). So good, and very interesting now as it is quite clear The Tunnel took a different turn in season 2 with a different ending to that story. Also know that there are two more seasons in the Swedish version, whist The Tunnel finished at 3. Very much looking to start season 3 tonight.

Occupied is on my list, just a ways to go to get there at the moment.

Trapped was excellent, one of my favourite dramas of late. Like the Bridge, it had an excellent cast in the main three coppers, and the stories were both top notch, I also liked the fact that 2 of them plus one of the news reporters in the show all appeared in separate videos for one of my favourite bands, also from Iceland - Of Monsters and Men. Season 3 of Trapped is expected some time this year.

Mandofred

Visit site
Moving rather than depressing. Also shocking to look back to the early days of AIDS and the ignorance and prejudice surrounding it.
Yeah, I get it. There are lots of movies etc over the years I haven't watched just because of this reason. I know they will be a well made movie, but... The rule I try to stick to is that if it looks like a downer and I will likely be sad at the end....not watching it. You should see my wife's rules....if it's a kids kind of movie, no chance with her. The only one she's ever liked is the Goonies.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finished season 2 of The Bridge last night (Swedish version). So good, and very interesting now as it is quite clear The Tunnel took a different turn in season 2 with a different ending to that story. Also know that there are two more seasons in the Swedish version, whist The Tunnel finished at 3. Very much looking to start season 3 tonight.

Occupied is on my list, just a ways to go to get there at the moment.

Trapped was excellent, one of my favourite dramas of late. Like the Bridge, it had an excellent cast in the main three coppers, and the stories were both top notch, I also liked the fact that 2 of them plus one of the news reporters in the show all appeared in separate videos for one of my favourite bands, also from Iceland - Of Monsters and Men. Season 3 of Trapped is expected some time this year.

Occupied is a bit less Scando-existential. Much more kinetic and fast-paced. I think Jo Nesbo was involved.

For a very different Scando experience, the Netflix movie 'Eurovision' is not bad. Will Ferrell is one of a duo who try to become the Icelandic entry for the Eurovision Song Contest.