TV Series - What Are You Watching?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Finished It's A Sin last night. Absolutely heartbreaking, me and the missus were crying like babies for the last ten minutes.

Fabulous piece of writing from RTD. Did think Keeley Hawes was miscast as the dowdy mother of the main character, but her performance in the last episode was superb.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finished It's A Sin last night. Absolutely heartbreaking, me and the missus were crying like babies for the last ten minutes.

Fabulous piece of writing from RTD. Did think Keeley Hawes was miscast as the dowdy mother of the main character, but her performance in the last episode was superb.

We've not finished yet but I watch it with a real sense of foreboding for what's to come :cry:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We've not finished yet but I watch it with a real sense of foreboding for what's to come :cry:
We are going to watch It's a Sin...no spoilers please :)

That's the problem with non-linear TV - you can't do coffee point chat about the latest episode as we can all be at a different point in watching.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
The second series of the Mallorca Files on iplayer. Its corny and a bit formulaic but there's some decent scenery and its harmless.
The only good thing about it is the scenery which we keep reminding each other about. Most of the acting is dreadful especially the male lead. Even Death in Paradise is better.

Mandofred

Visit site

So....If I want to watch a great show...and then be depressed as hell...this is the one to watch.:sick: No thanks....if I want to be depressed I can watch the news....

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
So....If I want to watch a great show...and then be depressed as hell...this is the one to watch.:sick: No thanks....if I want to be depressed I can watch the news....

Moving rather than depressing. Also shocking to look back to the early days of AIDS and the ignorance and prejudice surrounding it.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Moving rather than depressing. Also shocking to look back to the early days of AIDS and the ignorance and prejudice surrounding it.

Absolutely. Depressing is the last word I would use to describe it. By turns it was shocking, humourous, moving and uplifting. Never depressing.

It had a lot of echoes of Small Axe for me, it's terrible to see how badly a minority were treated, but also massively encouraging to reflect how we have moved forward as a society. Racism and homophobia have gone from acceptable sitcom material to things the majority are rightly appalled by.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Westworld, been binging it and sadly the third series seems to lack the same charm. Mind you only 2 episodes in so it could get better.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Westworld, been binging it and sadly the third series seems to lack the same charm. Mind you only 2 episodes in so it could get better.
Would it save you wasting time if I told you it doesn't?

It was a huge disappointment for me and if they bring out a 4th series I wont bother with it. I stuck with series 3 as I had committed to it but it was enormously self righteous and self indulgent. I kicked myself afterwards. You are not missing anything if you stop now, you really aren't.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Would it save you wasting time if I told you it doesn't?

It was a huge disappointment for me and if they bring out a 4th series I wont bother with it. I stuck with series 3 as I had committed to it but it was enormously self righteous and self indulgent. I kicked myself afterwards. You are not missing anything if you stop now, you really aren't.

I felt the same about GoT the last season I wish I never saw that pile of manure. Think I'm gonna pass and save myself the disappointment.

Last edited:

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

I absolutely love season 1 and 2 (and Delores?). Started watching season 3 but the dialogue is awful, need subtitles to get the whole picture. Gave up but still have it recorded - must watch it.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I absolutely love season 1 and 2 (and Delores?). Started watching season 3 but the dialogue is awful, need subtitles to get the whole picture. Gave up but still have it recorded - must watch it.
I think she [ Deloris ] was in a 2004 film recently recommended here called " Crash " along with Matt Dillon