TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Freddie Flintoff's Field of Dreams. Brilliant TV. Honestly not sure why I like it so much. Freddie's ok I suppose, can't stand gobby teenagers, hate cricket. Love this programme.
I'm not a cricket fan but love this documentary!
I think Freddie's great, and to be able to keep the interests of more than a dozen misfits takes some doing.
Especially the lad that captained the team last week. At the start of the series he was a real pain in the arse but Fred made him captain for the match against a very good girls team. I particularly liked the way he showed the girls captain a lot of respect at the end of the game.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm not a cricket fan but love this documentary!
I think Freddie's great, and to be able to keep the interests of more than a dozen misfits takes some doing.
Especially the lad that captained the team last week. At the start of the series he was a real pain in the arse but Fred made him captain for the match against a very good girls team. I particularly liked the way he showed the girls captain a lot of respect at the end of the game.

So much more than cricket and they are building those lads into different, better human beings. Sean (I think) even told his team to quiet the celebrations if they win, to show respect, and then celebrate on the trip back. Good stuff.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We are four parts through the six of The Perfect Couple…on Netflix…Nicole Kidman (looking gorg 😍) and Liev Schreiber as the couple. Set in mega wealthy Nantucket…it’s a perfect whodunnit - as in…any of the characters other than perhaps the investigating detective could have.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Finished series 4 of The Boys. It's like they are constantly trying to one-up themselves in goriness and weirdness, but it's still fun. Quite a downbeat ending but setting it up for a world war 3 final series I guess. Butcher has fully lost the plot. Still not sure what way Ryan is going to go.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Finished series 4 of The Boys. It's like they are constantly trying to one-up themselves in goriness and weirdness, but it's still fun. Quite a downbeat ending but setting it up for a world war 3 final series I guess. Butcher has fully lost the plot. Still not sure what way Ryan is going to go.
Did you watch "Gen V"? That took Weird to a whole new level!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did you watch "Gen V"? That took Weird to a whole new level!
I think S4 was a major disappointment. It lacked the humour of the earlier series, didn't have any novelty deaths this time. Much darker, less interesting, to me.

I quite liked GenV. Took a couple of episodes to get into it but then it was good. Better than the usual spin off.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agree, season 4 went too far down the Trump political commentary line and was worse for it. The connections were already there and clear and so that could have been dealt with far more subtly whilst focusing on a better overall script. In the end it felt like a build up to the final season rather than a season on its own. We all knew where it was going to end pretty much from the start (even if you have not read the comics).

Good to see the Gen V characters come into it in the final episode and will be interesting to see how the second series of Gen V ties into the final season.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think S4 was a major disappointment. It lacked the humour of the earlier series, didn't have any novelty deaths this time. Much darker, less interesting, to me.

I quite liked GenV. Took a couple of episodes to get into it but then it was good. Better than the usual spin off.
There was a bit of a lull in the early-mid part of the series, but I thought it came back to life in the last two or three episodes. I was wondering why JD Morgan was there in what seemed a completely pointless character, until the rather good twist came.
Complete rip-off of Fight Club but I still didn't see it coming, haha.

Springveldt

Visit site
Just finished season 4 of The Umbrella Academy. Seemed like a "we need to write something" season, thought it was complete garbage. Shame as I loved the previous 3 seasons.

Also watched some weird anime called Kengan Ashura, was a bit mental but enjoyable.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Just finished season 4 of The Umbrella Academy. Seemed like a "we need to write something" season, thought it was complete garbage. Shame as I loved the previous 3 seasons.

Also watched some weird anime called Kengan Ashura, was a bit mental but enjoyable.
Seasons 1 and 2 were great, thought 3 was a bit duff with the ridiculous hotel thing, season 4 was just stupid… personally think the show went off course when a certain actor forced their personal crisis into the show.