TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Moving, funny, heartwarming.
Hopefully this is as helpful for a vulnerable, slightly broken Freddie as it is for the team.
My admiration for Flintoff has increased exponentially.
Mine too, he's becoming a real father figure and I like the way he judges no one.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Watched Celeb Masterchef yesterday for the first time in a few years and was convinced that the Beeb are up to their old tricks of manipulating footage. When the celebs were cooking in the restaurant kitchens, there were no other chefs cooking and every order was just for the two dishes they were cooking. It was meant to be a busy lunchtime service but the kitchen seemed to suggest otherwise.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sherwood (series 2). Good start. Will watch the rest when I get back from holiday.
Missed series 1 but I gather it doesn't matter too much.

RichA

Visit site
Sherwood (series 2). Good start. Will watch the rest when I get back from holiday.
Missed series 1 but I gather it doesn't matter too much.
Born and bred in the area I tried to watch series 1 but got annoyed and switched off after about 5 minutes when an actor with a poor fake Nottinghamshire accent said something about NOTTS Forest. A Cardinal sin.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Born and bred in the area I tried to watch series 1 but got annoyed and switched off after about 5 minutes when an actor with a poor fake Nottinghamshire accent said something about NOTTS Forest. A Cardinal sin.
I think that I get your drift.
Here in New England, we pronounce the word "aunt" as you do, not "ant" as most Americans unfortunately do.

There's little that irks me more than a teledrama with fake Boston accents,
and then one of the bad actors affecting one
refers to his mother's sister as an ant.

That's an instant channel change for me.
We didn't adopt one of our indigenous peoples' many languages.
We didn't opt for classic Latin.
We chose to speak English, or sort of, anyway.
King Charles doesn't say "ant" unless he's referring to an insect.