TV Series - What Are You Watching?

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do you mean dubbing or subtitles? Or is your German good enough to understand it without it being overdubbed?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant found out that we could turn off the dubbing, listen to it in German and put the English subtitles on. I did learn German at school many, many years ago so still like to see if I can understand it.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant found out that we could turn off the dubbing, listen to it in German and put the English subtitles on. I did learn German at school many, many years ago so still like to see if I can understand it.
I dislike subtitles I find reading them often means you miss some of the action
My daughter in law has them on and a soon as she goes to bed I turn them off.

Like you my learning of foreign languages was when I was at school and have only needed the German once and that was in the 80s.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Watching The Outlaws on I player. Really enjoyable, nearly finished the third series and I'm rationing it to make it last longer.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Any opinions re The Mallorca Files series 3?
I missed Series 1 & 2 but they don't seem to be available now.

Edit: Just watched 3 - 1.
What a lot of old tosh!!

Last edited:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Monday quiz night is back. Brain in gear for Only Connect - even though I'm useless at it...even when they explain the answers!

Springveldt

Visit site
Going to binge the final season of The Umbrella Academy over the weekend
That's on my list next, loved the first 3 seasons. Watching The Boys season 4 first, was waiting on Amazon putting all episodes on then got stuck watching other things first.

Springveldt

Visit site
Currently watching The Boys season 4 on my own and My Lady Jane with the wife.

My Lady Jane has been a pleasant surprise, I'm actually quite enjoying it.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Late to the party as ever (just got Netflix with Sky Q)..Baby Reindeer. Brilliant acting. Raw.

Top Netflix series recommendations?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Agreed, that's some scar he has there!
There was a BBC news feature and apparently he was close to walking away from the project but felt a real obligation to the kids in the team and to carry on helping them play cricket and with their wider issues and didn't want to let them down but it took a lot for him to keep going especially on the trip