TV Series - What Are You Watching?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Quite enjoyed the new Dexter series though the ending seemed a bit rushed and it did not finish quite how I expected.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Finished Wandavision. It was decent but a bit weird that she ends up coming off as a bit of a villain rather than a good guy, and they left the
new white Vision angle a bit open-ended without closure I thought, since he just flew off and she never saw him, plus her created version of him never told her either for some reason.
More to come from Monica Rambeau as well I suppose, as they didn't quite delve into those
new powers she randomly developed
in any detail.

Watched the first episode of Falcon and the Winter Soldier after that. I'm not massively excited by these two characters, but the wife wanted to get through all the Marvel series so this one is next.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finished Wandavision. It was decent but a bit weird that she ends up coming off as a bit of a villain rather than a good guy, and they left the
new white Vision angle a bit open-ended without closure I thought, since he just flew off and she never saw him, plus her created version of him never told her either for some reason.
More to come from Monica Rambeau as well I suppose, as they didn't quite delve into those
in any detail.

Watched the first episode of Falcon and the Winter Soldier after that. I'm not massively excited by these two characters, but the wife wanted to get through all the Marvel series so this one is next.
I binned off Wandavision, really couldn't get into it. Winter Soldier was better than expected. The one I enjoyed most was Hawkeye and I really didn't expect to say that. Have you started that one yet?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I binned off Wandavision, really couldn't get into it. Winter Soldier was better than expected. The one I enjoyed most was Hawkeye and I really didn't expect to say that. Have you started that one yet?
No. Even less excited by Hawkeye than I am by Falcon & WS. :LOL: I'm sure we'll go onto that one afterwards.

I thought Wanda was decent by the end - Katherine Hahn is always great fun so her presence certainly helped. It left a few ends untied or unexplained for me though.
Like, I know she's meant to be extremely powerful, but she can create a fully functioning Vision with independent thought?? Really?

Sorry, I'm hiding the spoilers as you've said you haven't finished it, so I guess it's up to you if you look at them or not, ha.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
in any detail.

Rumour is that she pretty much is the bad guy in the new Doctor Strange film (and veers in that direction in the comics. Falcon and the Winter Soldier was OK but suffered from re-writes as the orginal plot was about a plague. Hawkeye was very good though.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
No. Even less excited by Hawkeye than I am by Falcon & WS. :LOL: I'm sure we'll go onto that one afterwards.

I thought Wanda was decent by the end - Katherine Hahn is always great fun so her presence certainly helped. It left a few ends untied or unexplained for me though.
Like, I know she's meant to be extremely powerful, but she can create a fully functioning Vision with independent thought?? Really?

Sorry, I'm hiding the spoilers as you've said you haven't finished it, so I guess it's up to you if you look at them or not, ha.
No worries. I'm not going back to it, not even interested enough to look at the spoiler. (okay, maybe later I will :LOL:)

I felt the same about Hawkeye but it surprised me

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Following a short pause and breather after re-watching Series 1 of Witcher, I am now into Series 2. Still just as bonkers and not that easy to follow. Plus tbh not that convinced by much of the acting. But it's fun - in it's own peculiar way.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Watched all 3 episodes of Four Lives back to back last night. It's based on the true story of 4 gay men who were murdered in Barking by a serial killer a couple of years ago. The failings of the police investigations are appalling. It's harrowing but gripping.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Really enjoying The Responder on BBC1. Puts the somewhat silly at times Trigger Point on ITV in the shade. Sometimes I think I have too high expectations of the BBC and sometimes they live up to them!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Really enjoying The Responder on BBC1. Puts the somewhat silly at times Trigger Point on ITV in the shade. Sometimes I think I have too high expectations of the BBC and sometimes they live up to them!
The difference between the two is vast. We watched ep 3 of The Repsonder last night on catch up before watching Trigger Point at 9. It didn't fair well for Trigger Point in comparison, not sure I will bother with the rest. If The Responder can finish as strongly as the first 3 episodes then it will be award winning stuff for all involved.

D

Deleted member 15344

The difference between the two is vast. We watched ep 3 of The Repsonder last night on catch up before watching Trigger Point at 9. It didn't fair well for Trigger Point in comparison, not sure I will bother with the rest. If The Responder can finish as strongly as the first 3 episodes then it will be award winning stuff for all involved.

The Responder was superb - excellent series , Freeman was excellent

the first episode of Trigger Point was awful in comparison so will see how the second is later

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

That is exactly what we did and really highlighted the difference in both script and acting. I've perfected the raised eyebrow look from Vicky McClure as she says "where's me snips" :)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
That is exactly what we did and really highlighted the difference in both script and acting. I've perfected the raised eyebrow look from Vicky McClure as she says "where's me snips" :)
Ha ha, I love that. Blimey she is miserable / stern in every role she plays isn't she? Someone give her a happy character to play, let her have a smile.