TV Series - What Are You Watching?

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Watched the first 8 episodes of Money Heist. It’s good, but the story seems to be getting dragged out somewhat. Anyone else seen it and is it worth sticking with?

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Watched the first 8 episodes of Money Heist. It’s good, but the story seems to be getting dragged out somewhat. Anyone else seen it and is it worth sticking with?

I watched the first few seasons. Not at all sure why. It was the dubbed version that did not help way over-the-top stories and the drama and shouting are nuts and I wish I had dropped it earlier. I persevered as the ratings were really good although I should have read the comments, many of which highlight the "twaddle" that it is!

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Reacher!

Just starting on Amazon Prime. They released the whole series at once? 8 episodes available.
I watched the first few seasons. Not at all sure why. It was the dubbed version that did not help way over-the-top stories and the drama and shouting are nuts and I wish I had dropped it earlier. I persevered as the ratings were really good although I should have read the comments, many of which highlight the "twaddle" that it is!

I did the same. Thought it might have been good, but then just started getting silly.

Watched first Reacher. Cliched characters and stupid story, but in a good sort of way. I like it. The lead is something like a combination of The Rock and Clint Eastwood.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watched first Reacher. Cliched characters and stupid story, but in a good sort of way. I like it. The lead is something like a combination of The Rock and Clint Eastwood.
Lots of things right but do they not read the books? The guy is way too clean cut to be Reacher. Physically imposing, yes but Reacher doesn't use moisturiser ?

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watched the first episode of reacher. it’s very much what it says on the tin, little bit like a Jason statham movie or a old Jean van damm film. You don’t need to think too much, little bit of a story, some violence, take the brain out type stuff but we enjoyed it.
Had to get the weeman from a friends so hoping to get another episode on tonight too.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Watched the first episode of reacher. it’s very much what it says on the tin, little bit like a Jason statham movie or a old Jean van damm film. You don’t need to think too much, little bit of a story, some violence, take the brain out type stuff but we enjoyed it.
Had to get the weeman from a friends so hoping to get another episode on tonight too.

Sums it up well. Did 2 episodes last night. The guy is a very good fit for reacher as far as I am concerned - chalk and cheese between him and Cruise - and although I did enjoy his 2 films - he was as far away in looks as it is possible to get. Hopefully binge a few more tonight. I hope they are already filming the next book, as there are about 25! So will need to do a Miss Ely with the main character to get through all of them!

Last edited: