TV Series - What Are You Watching?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
On e5 or e6 of The Witcher S2 and frankly I've just about given up trying to link everything up...that, and with some of the dialogue being so quiet as to be unfathomable, I'm finding I'm watching for what happens to the characters rather than why.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
They used a proper actor in the movies, he wasn’t big enough for the fans. Now they used a big guy …
At least they didn’t use The Rock ;-)
I thought Cruise was good Tbf.
Didn’t rate the 2nd film tho.
This guy just seems a bit wooden,I’ll stick with it.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Finished watching Good Omens on Amazon this morning, very very good, hard to explain why, but definitely worth a watch and only 6 episodes.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I just finished Outlander on Netflix.

i have a question:
Do Scotsmen have a preference for extemely thin women?

I keep hearing the phrase "bony lass" mentioned.

Not sure if you're taking the........
I'll entertain you anyway, bony lass = bonnie lass = beautiful lady......
Hopefully this answers your question.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The guy is about 10 years too young (in my head) but you wouldn’t get that physique on an older guy. Throughly enjoyed the first 2 episodes though.
Anyone who has read the books has an image in their heads of what the character looks like. In the case of Reacher the author really makes it clear, it is crucial to the character. It's why the Tom Cruise films created such outrage. We think we own the character, the image built up over years of reading, book after book. The reality is we, the reader, have to be less precious, less protective ?‍♂️

I picked a bit of a hole in this guy but at least he is imposing and that has to be the starting point. I'll forgive the clean cut element, it would have been nice had he been older and rougher but it's still closer than little Tom ?

What they really have right is his way of thinking, the analysis, the minimal speech, the fighting. I'm enjoying it so far as well ?