TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
started to watch Hausen on Sky. its a horror/mystery series but after 5 episodes i have no idea what's going on so won't bother watching the rest

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Viewpoint canned on live ITV tonight, but is available on the hub.
TBH I don't know if I can be bothered.

I'm surprised they canned it. Like you though hardly bothered if I don't see the finale and that says much about it.

I hope the guy is guilty as, if he's not, he still will be in most people's minds and that is shocking and unfair...I'd go so far to say that if the case and charges were dropped it wouldn't get a mention in the media.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm surprised they canned it. Like you though hardly bothered if I don't see the finale and that says much about it.

I hope the guy is guilty as, if he's not, he still will be in most people's minds and that is shocking and unfair...I'd go so far to say that if the case and charges were dropped it wouldn't get a mention in the media.
Try watching the Staircase series 13 episodes on Netflix, that goes to trial, but .

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

It's his missus isn't it? I think the nosey neighbour who he is shacked up with is also somehow implicated ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Seems to be a fairly common theme for many recent tv series...they spin things out for too long, introducing loads of new plot lines and characters - so much so that in the end they haven’t a clue how to tie all the plot lines up into a coherent and satisfactory conclusion...and we are left thinking...’Really? Is that it?’.

I haven’t watched any LoD and given the hype and the comments on the nature of the ending, I am not sure that I’ll bother starting.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watched the last episode of Line of Duty and thought- if ever there was an anti climax, that was it. My wife said watching the snooker was more exciting!
The ending was more like a documentary.
After all the hype, very disappointed!

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think the LOD conclusion demonstrates the dichotomy between most police dramas and real life. Most police shows are unrealistic in that the baddies get caught by the cops and the episode / series finishes on a reasonably happy ending. Real life dictates otherwise though as crimes are often not solved / investigated for a variety of reasons including some of those seen in last night's episode such as ego, police politics and the cliched bigger picture.

Viewers seem to prefer the escapism of the police always catching the criminals to the harsh realities of real life whereas Jed Mercurio appears to have chosen a conclusion more akin to real life.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We finished The Flight Attendant last night. A bit confusing at times but we stuck with it through the 8 episodes and it turned out to be a very different beast from what we imagined at the outset. A lot more thoughtful and quite hard hitting - we did enjoy it...

And a second season coming which is a good thing IMO.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Bit late to the party watching Vikings on Prime. Tried twice before but couldn't get passed the first episode. Decided to give it another chance from episode 2 and am now burning through them. Pretty decent so far, in a similar vein to Last Kingdom, but from the other side. Only 82 episodes to go.....

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bit late to the party watching Vikings on Prime. Tried twice before but couldn't get passed the first episode. Decided to give it another chance from episode 2 and am now burning through them. Pretty decent so far, in a similar vein to Last Kingdom, but from the other side. Only 82 episodes to go.....

It is worth sticking with, goes through several phases as characters develop.