TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
For All Mankind, on Apple TV, is a great show, an alternate history version of the space race, in which Russia got to the moon first.

Apple TV isn't bad. Ted Lasso is pretty good too.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I enjoyed the first episode, I quite liked the 70's feel to it, and the "hallucinations". She was nominated for a Golden Globe Best Actress award for the part, so maybe gets even better as it goes along.
We watched Ep1 of Flight Attendant last night and rather enjoyed the quirkiness of it - and we loved it when we spotted that when she was in Bangkok she was staying at the hotel we had two stays in during our 2019 travels.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
We watched Ep1 of Flight Attendant last night and rather enjoyed the quirkiness of it - and we loved it when we spotted that when she was in Bangkok she was staying at the hotel we had two stays in during our 2019 travels.

It's OK, we are 4 in I think, it's not 'A must' watch the next episode now series, but it's OK enough for an easy watch.

We are killing time to start watching Line of Duty. I can't be waiting a week for the next episode, so we let the recordings back up and wait until they are all there to binge-watch over a few nights.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
It's OK, we are 4 in I think, it's not 'A must' watch the next episode now series, but it's OK enough for an easy watch.

We are killing time to start watching Line of Duty. I can't be waiting a week for the next episode, so we let the recordings back up and wait until they are all there to binge-watch over a few nights.

Ive been watching Line of Duty "live", it is certainly building up and bubbling nicely. If I had them all built up I think its doable in 2 sittings

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've never watched Line of Duty before, and everyone's suddenly going on about it this year so I thought it was a new thing, but it's been on for absolute years?? Has it only just got good or what? Slowly developed some kind of cult following?

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've never watched Line of Duty before, and everyone's suddenly going on about it this year so I thought it was a new thing, but it's been on for absolute years?? Has it only just got good or what? Slowly developed some kind of cult following?
Personal opinion only obviously, but my summary of the 6 series so far - started brilliant. Just as good or maybe slightly better. Got even better. Dipped a little but still very good. Very good but maybe slightly OTT. And then brilliant again.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
We watched it from the start, it has always been decent.

I think the massive buzz on this series maybe down to COVID and the lack of new stuff, so anything remotely good, is now amazing if you get my drift...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I saw an episode years ago, didn't do it for me so left it. With all of the fuss going on we decided to go back to series 1 and go through them in order. We finished that last night and it was very meh for me. I have not found a character to root for yet, there is no warmth in any of them. We are going to start series 2 but I'm giving it only a couple of episodes to improve otherwise I'll pass and mark it down as one of those that just passes me by. (I've just read Rooter's post. I think his last sentence nails it)

Viewpoint. Decent enough but I think they will be struggling to stretch it over 5 nights. It is a 3-4 episode show only.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

The great BBC hype machine in action, you can't escape it at the moment.
Same as LT for me, watched it a bit when it first came out, thought it was OK but didn't really grab me as being special, didn't finish series 1. Watched the last couple of series 5 and didn't have a clue what was happening, I got the impression it was trying just a little too much to be smart and edgy.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For All Mankind, on Apple TV, is a great show, an alternate history version of the space race, in which Russia got to the moon first.

+1 for this. It starts slowly but gets very good, it's also grounded in some reality and despite it being alternate universe it stays true to the types of technology, concepts and ideas available within the time periods.