TV Series - What Are You Watching?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Getting to the end of MasterChef and it is just not as good anymore. The set up means you get little feel for the personalities of the contestants, finals week is just not as good (even pre covid), they get to cook their own choice of dish most rounds so less challenge and it just seems rushed. Other countries do it better. Seems the focus is more on celebrity and professional versions.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We've watched 3 episodes of the Intruder on 5. Not sure what to make of it. Started off okay but seems to have gone off topic. And some of the acting, particularly from the main chap and Angela, seems at times to be slapstick. We'll watch the last episode but its been rather average stuff really.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We've watched 3 episodes of the Intruder on 5. Not sure what to make of it. Started off okay but seems to have gone off topic. And some of the acting, particularly from the main chap and Angela, seems at times to be slapstick. We'll watch the last episode but its been rather average stuff really.
We stuck it out. But no point in trying to work out the many ‘whys?’ - much of what is set up and that happens just doesn‘t make any sense - logically or otherwise...in truth we found it to be so bonkers that it was brilliant...though not in a particularly good way...

Been tempted by a review to start ‘To the Lake’ - watched first 5mins of first episode to get a feel and I liked what I saw. Its a Russian production with subtitles but I can do subtitles.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Umbrella Academy on Netflix is excellent if you like the genre.
Anyone still watching Walking Dead? I’m up to season 10 episode 20 and Jeez it’s more than ran it’s course. There seems to be no plot thread at all, just a different character or two in each episode, maybe it was filmed during lockdown and they minimised the cast? I will watch it till the end as I’ve watched it since the beginning but it’s now just a shadow of what it was.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Umbrella Academy on Netflix is excellent if you like the genre.
Anyone still watching Walking Dead? I’m up to season 10 episode 20 and Jeez it’s more than ran it’s course. There seems to be no plot thread at all, just a different character or two in each episode, maybe it was filmed during lockdown and they minimised the cast? I will watch it till the end as I’ve watched it since the beginning but it’s now just a shadow of what it was.

I'm watching the Walking Dead although it wasn't on last night, is that the end of this series?
Re the current episodes, it appears to be going into the back stories of the characters, I'm rather enjoying it as opposed to the battles with other gangs that have been the staple for a few years.