TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We've persisted with Midsomer Murders but last night's episode was appalling. Plots have always been a bit tongue-in-cheek and not very realistic but the settings and characters always felt reasonably realistic. Last night's episode just seemed absolutely ridiculous whilst Mark Williams' character was plain naff. And the particular theme that runs through each episode is simply not believable.

I'm sure the writing was far more subtle in the Bergerac episodes whilst now it feels formulaic and whodunnit by numbers. (We'll still probably watch next week's episode though!)

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not something we’ve ever watched and so a quick check tells me we could watch one a day every day for a year plus 2 weeks before we are up to date (or more likely 2 a day for 27 weeks) ??

Stop it - now you're really making me jealous! I'm going to start again from the beginning!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Finished The Boys season 2 - that program is just so much fun. Looking forward to the next one.

Last night we started that Resident Alien program. Very strange but quite funny. I know it's not meant to be realistic given the premise but I kept wondering why anyone was giving him the time of day with some of the things he said to them?? But anyway, still decent enough to watch. Alan Tudyk has always played a good weirdo.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know that I am late to this particularly party but The Queens Gambit :eek::eek:. Cracking tv, brilliant lead and, as everyone has already said, who the heck thought chess could be this tense and exciting? Fair play to both the writers for coming up with this and Netlfix for having the bottle to commision it.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Watched eps 1-3 of Intruder on Ch5. A bit meh and in some ways like Your Honor as one of the main characters is the murderer and known from the very start of ep1 - and as for YH I dont find any sympathy or connection with these main characters and so struggle getting engaged. But only 5 eps (I think) so will stick with it..linear TV as it is having to wait to next Wed for ep4.

Last edited:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I just stumbled on an old Netflix series staring Bill Nighy as Johnny Worriker spy.
Page eight,Turks & Caicos. and Salting the Battlefield. Easy going spy spoof, if you like Bill Nighy.

These showed up in my feed earlier in the week. Like all things Bill Nighy, as I was adding them to my watchlist, thought I was adding the same film multiple times, didn't realize it was a series of films. Looking forward to watching.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Mrs Wedge has in recent months started to watch the Scandi stuff with subtitles. Not easy for her as she's Japanese and doesn't read English subtitles as quickly as we do, however, she's doing a grand job. Currently burning back through BorderTown as she didn't watch it when I originally did. I'm enjoying it too as am picking up bits I missed first time round, still a top show.