TV Series - What Are You Watching?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Second episode of the good doctor dealing with the early days of covid. At times heart wrenching but also not just dealing with the medical side but also the impact of lockdown both with being apart and also being together all the time.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Series 7 of Brooklyn 99 finally arrived on Netflix so did the first two episodes last night - just as brilliant as usual. The Holt character has really changed with his demotion though, he seems more flippant by his standards. ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Series 7 of Brooklyn 99 finally arrived on Netflix so did the first two episodes last night - just as brilliant as usual. The Holt character has really changed with his demotion though, he seems more flippant by his standards. ?
I was worried it was going to be more preachy this series, the trend started last series, so I am pleased to hear this. Looking forward to watching it, it has been my favourite comedy for a long time. Bring on Doug Judy :cool:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was worried it was going to be more preachy this series, the trend started last series, so I am pleased to hear this. Looking forward to watching it, it has been my favourite comedy for a long time. Bring on Doug Judy :cool:
Holt is the best character, but now that he's been demoted they've made him less authoritative and more sassy. Sounds like it shouldn't work but it does. :LOL: Andre Braugher is such a good comic actor.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

Surprised you did not watch season 7 when it was running on More4 a number of months ago.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Surprised you did not watch season 7 when it was running on More4 a number of months ago.
I can't cope with the old-fashioned "one per week" watching brief anymore. I always miss one then I'm out of the loop. :LOL: Or I forget for a couple of weeks and then they take them off the 'All 4' app. I just wait for Netflix then you can watch them all whenever you want.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is this not the latest season that is currently airing in the US?

If this is the one with Holt on the beat then it aired on more 4 as much as 6 months ago. As far as I am aware, there is not a season running in the US as they have been working out how to focus the show based on current issues with the police in the US.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is this not the latest season that is currently airing in the US?
If this is the one with Holt on the beat then it aired on more 4 as much as 6 months ago. As far as I am aware, there is not a season running in the US as they have been working out how to focus the show based on current issues with the police in the US.
Correct, it's series 7 on Netflix, which was on one of the 4 channels last year, and on in America longer ago than that. They started writing series 8 but scrapped their first handful of episodes after the George Floyd riots and so on as they didn't want to ignore the whole feeling behind that, apparently. I hope it doesn't spell the end of the show as it's one of the best comedies to come out of America in many years - but perhaps it's near the end of its lifespan anyway. You don't want to keep it going too long until every character is unrecognisable like Big Bang Theory.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Sadly Resident Alien finishes next week. I have Your Honor recorded to date for a bit of a binge watch when the well starts running dry of new series again.
Resident Alien is just plain weird - but we find it hugely enjoyable - and yes - sadly final episode coming up...the first linear TV we've watched in yonks.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ah, in that case I have seen it. The beginning of the end sadly. This series was the first signs of decline imo. The programme was always good at getting a message across with comedy. As this series progressed I found the humour reduced and the message took over. I watch comedies to escape not to be lectured at.