TV Series - What Are You Watching?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I stumbled on some really funny clips on You Tube of Foster Brooks and Dean Martin's man of the week show, , all the big stars from the 60s and 70s. Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis, especially Lucille Ball woman of the hour.
Also Rowan and Martins Laugh In , both well worth a watch.
EDIT be warned it was made in the 60s/ 70s it's not PC.

Last edited:

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Grace, ITV, Sunday night. Detective set in Brighton, based on a series of books. Very good first episode, despite the obligatory angry boss ?(I blame Capt Dobie). Good cast all round, nice settings.

A second one will be shown later on in the year. Well worth a watch

Watches this tonight, a bit tame after finishing the punisher ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Continuing to enjoy Resident Alien on Sky One and Your Honor on Sky Atlantic (we mix and match according to our mood :) ). My programme of choice if I just want to let my brain spin in a very pleasant neutral remains Bob Ross - The Joy of Painting

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
A few tried and tested favourites are coming back now so at least something to watch:

Blacklist: Love watching James Spader hamming it up but really this needs to end now.
Walking Dead: A mini series before the final ever one. Always watchable but ending at about the right time. Suspect the 2 spin off series will not be far behind.
Good Doctor: Stands apart from the usual, run of the mill medical drama due to the lead character.
Masterchef: Fun but do not like the format now. By splitting everybody up you never really get to know any of the contestants like you do in Bake off or the Pottery throwdown.
Forged in Fire: My guilty pleasure, redneck TV at its finest.
Seal Team: pretty mindless fun. Another one with a limited shelf life but still a decent enough watch.

This weekend will be set aside for the four hour Snyder Cut of Justice League and the 5 nations though.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Finished the Bay last night. Very underwhelmed. Interesting how they uncovered the murder but finishing the series with a long conclusion on the main character's private life seemed a bizarre, anticlimactic way to finish off.

For me this series seemed like a low key soap opera where a murder case occasionally interrupted.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
4 episodes in to Zerozerozero. Enjoying it so far.

As an aside, the on location shots of Mexico and Senegal make you realise how you win lifes lottery being born into a first world country.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tiger, the HBO long documentary. Very good.
Laurel and Hardy documentary, done by the Germans. Superb. They were geniuses.
All or Nothing, Spurs. Good. Can see why Spurs are Spursy.
The Wall. Love it.
The Blacklist. Really enjoying it.
Place in the Sun. ?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Drive to Survive series three just launched on Netflix.
Binged it yesterday.
For anybody with an interest in F1, well worth the watch, and episode 9, (covering Romain Grosjean's terrible accident), and Checo's win, (from last place), is a rollercoaster of emotions.
Fantastic stuff.
(y)(y)(y)(y)

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Drive to Survive series three just launched on Netflix.
Binged it yesterday.
For anybody with an interest in F1, well worth the watch, and episode 9, (covering Romain Grosjean's terrible accident), and Checo's win, (from last place), is a rollercoaster of emotions.
Fantastic stuff.
(y)(y)(y)(y)

Thanks for this... Wasn't aware of a new series... Have thoroughly enjoyed previous years... Especially Gunther...