TV Series - What Are You Watching?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Bloodlands. Started off very well, but the last 2 episodes were unbelievably bad. Massive plot holes and totally ridiculous twists. Can't believe they are making another series.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Bloodlands. Started off very well, but the last 2 episodes were unbelievably bad. Massive plot holes and totally ridiculous twists. Can't believe they are making another series.
Agree and throughout the acting of the male lead Nisbet was straight out of AmDram.
On reflection, that is a bit harsh on AmDram actors.;)

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

Our Sky froze with 5 minutes to go which cracked me up! Haven't bothered to download it. James Nesbitt does irritate the hell out of me when he's "angry"!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Our Sky froze with 5 minutes to go which cracked me up! Haven't bothered to download it. James Nesbitt does irritate the hell out of me when he's "angry"!

best not put any spoilers on here for anyone who is daft enough to want to watch. drop me a pm if you want to know how it played out (it was ridiculous of course).

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Obviously a second series on the way.

I am oddly reminded of the Mike and Bernie Winters appearance at the Glasgow Empire.
One of them was too scared to go on and after 5 minutes of boos and catcalls to his brother he eventually walked on stage.
Prompting a single voice from the audience to call out ' Oh Christ there's two of them'. :love:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've had a run of watching poor to average series and sticking with them to the end, much to my regret. I was tougher with this series and so did not watch the last episode. It would just have annoyed me to waste time on another duff series. I'm pleased to see I made the right choice.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site

Also watched it to the end after which the conversation went

Me: Ah well, unfortunately, that looks like they are planning another series.
Mrs.B: No, there wont be any more - its finished.
BBC: You can look forward series 2 in the autumn (or words to that effect).
Me & Mrs B: Oh dear ...

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Gasmamman on Amazon Prime (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4716466/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0).

Thought it was going to be a bit like "Weeds" (still one of the best shows out there IMHO) at first, similar premise but not quite, a lot bit darker and no black humour. Still a few idiot moments with the teen daughter, I'm sure script writers add these things on purpose as there seems to be a formulaic list of "why would you do that" actions to these dramas, but very good overall. Just finished season 1, moving on to 2 tonight.

Gonna give this another shout out, on Season 3 now, very good, although I don't think I want to be friends with her....

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Grace, ITV, Sunday night. Detective set in Brighton, based on a series of books. Very good first episode, despite the obligatory angry boss ?(I blame Capt Dobie). Good cast all round, nice settings.

A second one will be shown later on in the year. Well worth a watch

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Grace, ITV, Sunday night. Detective set in Brighton, based on a series of books. Very good first episode, despite the obligatory angry boss ?(I blame Capt Dobie). Good cast all round, nice settings.

A second one will be shown later on in the year. Well worth a watch
Great 'cannot put down' books, the author is a very popular guy down on the south coast.