TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Enjoying the bay so far, 3 episodes in.

We've re-started watching the second series with episode 3 last night. I still think that they waste too much time on the main character's personal life. There only seems to be about 5 minutes out of each episode on the actual case! There's always a balance to be had with the case itself and the personal life of the character(s) involved but this one doesnt see to have found that balance for me. They could easily have chopped out a load of it and reduced the series to 4 episodes.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watched Zen with Rufus Sewell.....liked it.
It was a crime that was binned off. Good stories, glorious settings. The commissioning editor at the BBC at the time decreed there were too many male detective programmes at the time and this one bit the dust ?. Still annoys me now, yes that's irrational but there you go.

Mandofred

Visit site
It was a crime that was binned off. Good stories, glorious settings. The commissioning editor at the BBC at the time decreed there were too many male detective programmes at the time and this one bit the dust ?. Still annoys me now, yes that's irrational but there you go.
And....I thought the girl was gorgeous.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Currently watching Parades End. Beautifully made adaptation of the Ford Maddox Ford trilogy. Three 90min ‘episodes’ not quite matching the three books...but excellent WW1 and Edwardiana. Benedict Cumberbatch superb as main character - a young Edwardian from a very wealthy Yorkshire family but with 18 century views on what should be the correct behaviour and responsibilities of a wealthy Tory landowner such as he. And he most certainly should not be as intrigued and attracted as he is by a much younger middle class suffragette...

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Gasmamman on Amazon Prime (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4716466/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0).

Thought it was going to be a bit like "Weeds" (still one of the best shows out there IMHO) at first, similar premise but not quite, a lot bit darker and no black humour. Still a few idiot moments with the teen daughter, I'm sure script writers add these things on purpose as there seems to be a formulaic list of "why would you do that" actions to these dramas, but very good overall. Just finished season 1, moving on to 2 tonight.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just finished off The Terror on iPlayer. As per other post, it started off ok but unfortunately got just more & more bizarre & fanciful as it went on. Ok, the basic events on which its based are scant of detail, but this just went too far.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Being on furlough is allowing me to watch "Cheers" every morning. Possibly the best comedy ever to come out of America.... or at least on a par with Frasier.
Brilliant.

What I like about Frasier is apart from haircuts it's timeless

Still as on point today as ever

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What I like about Frasier is apart from haircuts it's timeless

Still as on point today as ever

Brilliant, well written, clever comedy that didnt require smut or swearing to get laughs. What was so well done was how a joke would only play out / become obvious a little later in the episode. We still watch episodes / out box sets now and enjoy them even though we've seen them many times over.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Brilliant, well written, clever comedy that didnt require smut or swearing to get laughs. What was so well done was how a joke would only play out / become obvious a little later in the episode. We still watch episodes / out box sets now and enjoy them even though we've seen them many times over.

Coming back aswell, not sure if they got everyone on board but it has been commissioned maybe following his life in Chicago now was it? Where he went in the last episode

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Coming back aswell, not sure if they got everyone on board but it has been commissioned maybe following his life in Chicago now was it? Where he went in the last episode
Being talked about. Whether it will work as well without John Mahoney we won't know. Also think the series lost a little once Niles and Daphne got married. Similar to Only Fools. That wasn't as good after Rodney and Cassandra got hitched.