TV Series - What Are You Watching?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Finished season 2 of Forbrydelsen (The Killing). A few questionable moments with regards to things they do, just seem so stupid at the time, but still enjoyable. Both season 1 and season 2 have a very political back story going on, with a familiar Borgen feel to them, especially since many of the actors have crossed between the two shows. Got to figure out how to get season 3 just to see the final story.

Also finished the second season of Mystery Road (BBC iplayer). It's an odd one, I kind of liked it even though I don't really like the main character. It's not in the same league as the Scandi detective series but it was a decent watch.

Watched the first episode of Bloodlands, not sure I can be bothered to watch episode 2. However, Unforgotten continues to be a good watch.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just watched last 2 episodes of Marcella (S4). Best I can say is I'm glad it's finished - it just got dafter every episode.

Yup I am with you there. They ruined a good series I think.

The bay next and then Unforgotten, just waiting for them to stack up on the recorder

D-S

Visit site
Call My Agent on Netflix. Very funny and very French if you like that sort of thing, also full of cameos from all the top names in French cinema but a bit strange as you don’t know who they are. Juliet Binoche and Sigourney Weaver also appear.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Your Garden Made Perfect, BBC2. To those who haven't seen this it sounds like a regular garden makeover show but it isn't, it has a key difference. Basic premis, a family have a dodgy garden that they want to improve, have a pot of cash but no idea what to do. 2 designers come up with an idea but instead of showing them a few flat drawings they put on virtual reality headsets to show them the design whilst walknig around it. It is brilliant, immersive, what a difference that makes. They then choose which one and you see the finished article after the work has been done. It pretty much matches every time, minimal deviation.

As an extra they also have another family, smaller garden, smaller budget. Same idea but it is the same guy who does the design each week, the owners do not have a choice. Thankfully he is excellent at what he does.

If you have not seen it before then start with last nights episode. Probably the best I have seen, what a difference. A real pick me up.

I think I would just like the VR set and the 'videos' to go with it and it would save me all the effort. Get fed up with one garden change the video.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I started on the first two episodes of the The Terror (BBC) last night. HIstorical drama about the search for North West Passage from the Atalantic to the Pacific and eh 2 ships that disappeared.
So far so good and something different

Also watching Elizabeth R on the Beeb the one with Glenda Jackson from 1971. Not something I would have watched back then but enjoying it now. There are some scenes that belong on 'It will be All right on the Night' or the 'Goes Wrong Show' such as one where the guy goes to open a door and the fake wall nearly collapses.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I started on the first two episodes of the The Terror (BBC) last night. HIstorical drama about the search for North West Passage from the Atalantic to the Pacific and eh 2 ships that disappeared.
So far so good and something different

Also watching Elizabeth R on the Beeb the one with Glenda Jackson from 1971. Not something I would have watched back then but enjoying it now. There are some scenes that belong on 'It will be All right on the Night' or the 'Goes Wrong Show' such as one where the guy goes to open a door and the fake wall nearly collapses.
Also watched The Terror last night - pretty well done overall. Allthough not quite convinced by the emphasis placed on the polar bear!