Trainers aka training shoes

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
This is probably a thread for under 60’s but how many pairs do you have. Back in the day you were posh if you had a pair of adidas Samba or Kicks. But nowadays it just seems they are the fashion accessory to have. My son seems to have a hundred pairs give or take 50. I don’t get it but apparently there’s some serious money in them.

D

Deleted member 1740

I’ve always loved trainees and they’re a weakness of mine.

Off the top of my head i’ve got about 15 pairs in various makes and colours.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you include vans and converse then a couple of dozen. Normal trainers, maybe 4 or 5 if you include gym ones, gardening ones and smarter ones for going out in

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve always been into trainers. As have a lot of my friends. Growing up, we all wore the latest tennis style shoes. My interest has continued into my early 40’s. Apart from work or formal occasions, I always wear trainers. Specifically, Adidas Originals. I have a lot of pairs, well over 100. As a bit of a saddo, I like them to match the base colours of whatever I’m wearing. In addition, I probably have 15ish pairs which haven’t been worn and were bought as limited editions via a lottery/raffle. Some of these go for daft money on EBay etc.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I’ve always been into trainers. As have a lot of my friends. Growing up, we all wore the latest tennis style shoes. My interest has continued into my early 40’s. Apart from work or formal occasions, I always wear trainers. Specifically, Adidas Originals. I have a lot of pairs, well over 100. As a bit of a saddo, I like them to match the base colours of whatever I’m wearing. In addition, I probably have 15ish pairs which haven’t been worn and were bought as limited editions via a lottery/raffle. Some of these go for daft money on EBay etc.
Sounds like my lad talking ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've got 2 pairs, one I haven't actually worn outside of the shop yet. I'm clearly a lightweight.

@Tashyboy @Fromtherough do you, your son, have the shoes on display in a dedicated room or are they just chucked in a cupboard like normal shoes? That many pairs..............

Tashyboy

Visit site
I've got 2 pairs, one I haven't actually worn outside of the shop yet. I'm clearly a lightweight.

@Tashyboy @Fromtherough do you, your son, have the shoes on display in a dedicated room or are they just chucked in a cupboard like normal shoes? That many pairs..............

They are everywhere and still in original boxes,some has has worn, others he won’t wear. When he was working in Oz he would txt us and say he has some trainers coming from Russia. ? As from the rough says, adidas originals are popular.
I will ask him how many pairs he has tomorrow.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I own four pairs of shoes in total. I've got the trainers I currently wear, my old pair of trainers that have become my garden shoes, one pair of offshore steel toe cap boots and one pair of golf shoes. Once my current trainers are on their way out they will become my garden shoes and that pair will go in the bin.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don’t have any on display so to speak. The ones I’ve never worn are in boxes on the top of our wardrobes. The others are stored in numerous shoe racks under the stair cupboard and in the garage. At the risk of sounding a bit weird, having a winter/summer rotation makes storage easier. Suede/nubuck pairs only come out from June-September for example.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Recall a routine by a comic some years back, in the sports shop there are shoes for football, squash, tennis, distance running, etc. - then he arrives at these other shoes. After a bit of back & forth the assistant says they are 'pub trainers' ?. (or something like this). Specially designed for swerving around the pool table, and not slipping in the urinals ?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
5 pairs.
One pair is knackered and only used for gardening. Another pair are road running shoes and only worn for that use.
Like @AmandaJR, clubhouse rule is no trainers, so I leave mine at the door and walk in just my socks. When that was frowned upon I took some slippers to change into.
Don't do that all the time - it just irritates me - some trainers are quite smart - yet rule-conforming shoes can be dirty, have holes in etc.
Not sure what the code is at our club regarding crocs. I will have to find out. Don't own any, but Mrs V does! :eek:

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
5 pairs.
One pair is knackered and only used for gardening. Another pair are road running shoes and only worn for that use.
Like @AmandaJR, clubhouse rule is no trainers, so I leave mine at the door and walk in just my socks. When that was frowned upon I took some slippers to change into.
Don't do that all the time - it just irritates me - some trainers are quite smart - yet rule-conforming shoes can be dirty, have holes in etc.
Not sure what the code is at our club regarding crocs. I will have to find out. Don't own any, but Mrs V does! :eek:
I'm with you and @AmandaJR in that whilst I am not a big trainer wearer, I see no reason why others can't wear them in the clubhouse. It's an outdated rule, historical and with little validity now. The decision to restrict an entire style of footwear, despite them now looking very smart, is plain daft.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
None. Well no trainers as such though a single pair of what are more likely called (cheap) running shoes. Once upon a time an Adidas Samba or Mamba…and did recently think of buying a pair of Samba. But I have a decent pair of walking shoes so no real need - no need; no buy.

And relaxed dress code for clubhouse now allows jeans and trainers.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Two pairs of Sambas (black pair and white pair) for casual wear. Two pairs other trainers for exercise/jogging etc

Almost anything has 'collectors' I guess but footwear wouldn't be my choice

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our dress code is a bit ambiguous so I'm going to start wearing my trainers which aren't for any other sport...

Smart, clean casual dress and footwear must be worn at all times as a minimum requirement, this may now include smart denim trousers (i.e. not including any distressed, ripped or faded styles). Casual shoes are permitted but sports and activity shoes that are primarily designed for sports or other forms of physical exercise (including golf shoes) are not permitted. Stockinged feet, hats and collarless shirts are also notpermitted. Gentlemen should wear socks with all styles of shoes at all times. Under 12’s are exempt from the above dress code.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I’ve got 2 pairs of “best” new balance trainers and a pair of addidas for walking the dog.

A guy I work with collects the limited edition trainers. The last pair I saw him with cost £200 and he’d already been offered £500 for them within 24hrs