Trainers aka training shoes

Blakey

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'm a 'Trainer' Collector. i have been into them on and off for as long as i can remember, Currently have around 100 pairs.
Mostly Nike/Jordans, a few pairs of Adidas ZX's. I've probably worn just over half of them. A few pairs are worth a bit of money, but nothing comapred to what some pairs can go for.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure what's defined as trainers really. I have:
1 x Brooks running trainers for running/tennis/badminton
2 x Skechers casual slip-on kind
1 x white Converse sneakers
1 x Nike Air summer golf shoes that essentially look like trainers
1 x DKNY suede things - I don't know if these qualify as 'trainers' though.

That's it really. I have other footwear that is more on the sliding scale towards being 'shoes'. i.e. the black Oliver Sweeney pair that I wear to work are technically 'leather sneakers' but I consider them shoes. :unsure:

D

Deleted member 15344

Have a couple pairs of vans and a pair of reebok classics

Worn the vans at any golf club I have been at also worn the classics as well apart from the clubs that say no trainers

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I've got 5 pairs. All Skechers as I find them the most comfortable. One waterproof that I generally use for walking the dog. One pair water-resistant for when the waterproofs wear out. A fabric pair for walking the dog when it's not raining and another pair for general walking about. And one in reserve, as yet unused. I tend to buy them when they're on offer, so usually pay anywhere between £25 and £40 for a pair.
Thankfully, there is no restriction on trainers at our golf club.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've got 3 pairs of Skechers for leisure wear and 3 trainer type Skechers golf shoes.
I have a pair of trainer type Salomon walking shoes which are on the way out and will replace these with Skechers ?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've got 5 pairs. All Skechers as I find them the most comfortable. One waterproof that I generally use for walking the dog. One pair water-resistant for when the waterproofs wear out. A fabric pair for walking the dog when it's not raining and another pair for general walking about. And one in reserve, as yet unused. I tend to buy them when they're on offer, so usually pay anywhere between £25 and £40 for a pair.
Thankfully, there is no restriction on trainers at our golf club.

Which waterproof Skechers ?
My dog walking shoes will need replacing soon.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have 2 pairs, both are used only for gardening and the like. I have casual shoes for not formal dress and going out, but trainers are something young people wear and pay stupid money for the pairs of them:)

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I do not believe that I've owned a pair of trainers in over 10 years, and in the 20 years prior to that I think I only ever owned a total of 2 pairs, purely for when I used to go to the gym.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nothing to do with trainers, but what type of car is that in the background?

I don't know but have often wondered. Citroen maybe? It wasn't ours. We had a left hand drive VW campervan in those days. My brother George used to hide under the seats in an attempt to avoid going back to The Caley (Royal Caledonian Schools)...

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am a walking shoes guy these days and have about a dozen assorted pairs.

I have about 5 pairs of trainers but they are mainly used around the house as an alternative to slippers.

RichA

Visit site
This is probably a thread for under 60’s but how many pairs do you have.
5 pairs which, until now, I thought was a bit extravagant.
New Balance retro runners for everyday.
Adidas Campus for driving long journeys.
Salomon waterproof trail runners for rainy days.
Brooks runners for long summer walks.
Mizuno mesh trail runners for summer commuting and cycling.
The New Balance get renewed every year. The rest vary from 5 to 15 years old.