Top Links Courses

• Thread starter Deleted member 1418
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

I just gave mine an honourable mention (within the Parkland courses thread). It's very nice, but I've played a lot better!

Most peoples home course when looked at honestly won’t rate in Top 5/10 lists - home course will be a favourite for them but for me the lists where about finding out what people think are the best as opposed to favourite.

Out of the forumers on here I can think of PNwokinghams course being in the Top 5 Parkland , LQ in the Top 5 Heathland and and Jimaroids course being in the Top 5 Links

D

Deleted member 1418

yes you were so impressed you stated it was the worst:ROFLMAO:

to coin a Phrase "nice trolling"(y)

Jeez - trolling couldn't be further from the truth! It was put in the context of 'wow - what a great list; very impressive'. It was meant to be light-hearted and humorous so sorry if you didn't get that and I've upset you.

So I'll try again and hopefully make it clearer - your list is excellent and the courses you've stated are all those that I'd love to get to play one day. I would imagine Muirfield and Carnoustie would be on most of our must-play lists.

Of course you could just be winding me up and being ironic! ;):)(y)

Mr Hip

Medal Winner
Visit site
Southerness.
Muirfield.
The Dirleton, Archerfield.
Gullane 1
Luffness.
Bit of an East Lothian thing going on obviously but so many great courses there.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having played a few in the last 3 years 😉

Royal County down
Royal Portrush
Portstewart
Ballyliffin both
Royal Troon
Western Gailes
Dundonald
Royal Dornoch
Castle Stuart
Nairn
Royal Aberdeen
Cruden Bay
Murcar
Trump Aberdeen
Trump Turnberry
The Old course
North Berwick
Royal Birkdale
Hillside
West Lancs
S&A
Wallasey
Royal Liverpool
Silloth
Southerness

Favourite has got to be Royal County Down
Hardest was Royal Portrush

Most enjoyable North Berwick
Still not made the effort to visit though 😉

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
nothing wrong with thinking your home course is the best, after all you are best placed to play it often and appreciate it .

I'm surprised more people don't rate their home course in the top of their lists

I'd imagine most play at courses significantly cheaper than the top courses that we all try to play once or twice in a lifetime.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Stuck at 5 as per original post. Otherwise add in both courses at North Berwick, Kilspindie, Western Gailes, Saunton, Silloth ......

All about opinions but Western, Silloth and North Berwick are all miles ahead of Luffness. As for Kilspindie, no better than a West Kilbride or similar.

D

Deleted member 21258

Top 3 is easy:-

Royal St Davids
Royal Cinque Ports
Royal St Lytham

Next I think would be Turnberry and Machrihanish

A few I was disappointed with like RSG, North Berwick, princes, West Lancs and Royal Liverpool(but son loved it), maybe I had built them up to much in my mind before playing.

Hope to tick lots more links in the next year as love them

D

Deleted member 17920

A few I was disappointed with like RSG, North Berwick, princes, West Lancs and Royal Liverpool(but son loved it), maybe I had built them up to much in my mind before playing.
Interesting comment that, I think we have all been guilty of going to a course and expecting way too much.

I need to go back to Dornoch as I didn’t get it for how much it’s loved everyone else.

Same for Royal North Devon as I really didn’t get that place.

D

Deleted member 16999

Top 5:
Trump Aberdeen
The Old Course
Carnoustie
Royal Liverpool
Troon

Favourites:
Seaton Carew
Hillside
Dundonald