Top Links Courses

• Thread starter Deleted member 1418
  • Start date

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Top links courses. Only southern based as the north is too far away. (In order of preference)
RSG
Saunton East
RCP
St Enodoc
Saunton West
Royal Porthcawl
Hayling
Burnham Berrow (sorry mendie but hayling is better IMO;);))
Special mention to the back 9 @ Pyle & kenfig and the 6th @ RND which is the finest links hole in England (hyperbole alert!!)
Oh Christ Hayling better than Burnham I’ve heard it all now! 😂

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh Christ Hayling better than Burnham I’ve heard it all now! 😂
It loses its way a bit around the turn imo. 2nd & 18th are great holes tho. Maybe it’s a familiarity thing. If I was going to Burnham I’d be tempted to stay in the car for another 45 mins and go onto RND!! 😉

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Keeping the links stuff in the same thread.... just back at our cottage after playing Perranporth. Sunny day with an icy NE blowing...gusting 25mph or more. Never been there before so even with yardage book a bit of guess about where to go... a couple of holes are totally bonkers... but overall a cracking old school links with great views of sea and beach/ town.

Very welcoming place...everyone we saw... tough old walk with all the thermals etc on...but £27 with county card...daft! But ready for hot bath now... I feel like Tashy after his 12 rounds with the ladyboy!:eek:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Keeping the links stuff in the same thread.... just back at our cottage after playing Perranporth. Sunny day with an icy NE blowing...gusting 25mph or more. Never been there before so even with yardage book a bit of guess about where to go... a couple of holes are totally bonkers... but overall a cracking old school links with great views of sea and beach/ town.

Very welcoming place...everyone we saw... tough old walk with all the thermals etc on...but £27 with county card...daft! But ready for hot bath now... I feel like Tashy after his 12 rounds with the ladyboy!:eek:
I love Perranporth. It's a great place to unwind. Everyone heads to the Watering Hole as it's a stunning view, but I like the Tywarnhayle Inn just off the beach. Good food and good prices. Alternatively, try the Bolingey inn just up Liskey Hill. A real old school pub and the food is lovely as well.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I love Perranporth. It's a great place to unwind. Everyone heads to the Watering Hole as it's a stunning view, but I like the Tywarnhayle Inn just off the beach. Good food and good prices. Alternatively, try the Bolingey inn just up Liskey Hill. A real old school pub and the food is lovely as well.
For a special treat head to Newquay to Jamie Oliver's place Fifteen. Absolutely superb food!

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

This course was one that possibly exceeded my expectations more than any other. Absolutely loved it