Global Moderator
Visit site
my top favorites would be;

Muirfield
Nairn
Western Gailes
Royal Aberdeen
Carnoustie

could play all these every day and not get bored, in fact one i almost already do;)

Next 5 would be;
Trump Turnberry
Trump Aberdeen
Troon
Royal Dornoch
Jubilee

i could go on, love links

D

Deleted member 1418

my top favorites would be;

Muirfield
Nairn
Western Gailes
Royal Aberdeen
Carnoustie

could play all these every day and not get bored, in fact one i almost already do;)

Next 5 would be;
Trump Turnberry
Trump Aberdeen
Troon
Royal Dornoch
Jubilee

i could go on, love links

Controversial - Nairn not no.1?? 😉😂

Certainly think that your list is probably the worst so far.......🤔😉😂😂

I love links golf - wish I could play more of it.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

how and why is it the worst? they are my fav course and ones i play regularly and have played all again this year.

D

Deleted Member 1156

So difficult to narrow this down, think I might have to wait until I've played all the links in the top 100 before making a decision which could be a while :unsure:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Royal Dornoch
Royal Portrush
Trump Aberdeen
Royal Troon
Machrihanish Dunes

Controversially I have left out Turnberry but since I have not played it since Trump has made the changes I can't include it. I suspect it would be straight in at No1.

Old Course, would struggle to make my top 50.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Not played enough courses to really contribute to this, but it would be more interesting to see who has played a Top Links course and wouldn't recommend it as all the top results are very much the same;

Old Course, Turnberry, RCD and the rest of the Open Rota etc.

Personal favourite is Nairn.

Also a shout out to a wee municipal Links course, Kinghorn. Short with some daft holes but hugely enjoyable and kept in very decent condition all year round. Clearly doesn't stack up against the top courses, especially in that part of the world but is a very good wee stop if you are having a knock with a few mates.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Royal Dornoch
Royal Portrush
Trump Aberdeen
Royal Troon
Machrihanish Dunes

Controversially I have left out Turnberry but since I have not played it since Trump has made the changes I can't include it. I suspect it would be straight in at No1.

agree there, nice enough, but anyone choosing as their fav that needs to play a few more courses;)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Royal Dornoch
Royal Portrush
Trump Aberdeen
Royal Troon
Machrihanish Dunes

To be fair I really shouldn't include Portrush either as it has made alterations since I played it!

I suspect that The Machrie will replace Machrihanish Dunes shortly and I need to play Trump Turnberry. Liked Lytham as a tough track but hated the location, links in the middle of a housing estate with zero views.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yeah I wish I was closer to a Links course to play it more but still couldn’t be a member of one. Can’t actually how many I have played and there isn’t one I would say to someone “don’t play there”

D

Deleted member 1418

how and why is it the worst? they are my fav course and ones i play regularly and have played all again this year.

Look at the wink and laughing emojis! Think your list will be tough to top!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
It's one of the 246 listed in the True Links book. Good enough for me (and Ben Hogan to learn links style golf).

Played it last year and it had some links holes it didn't strike me as pure links, i suppose Monifieth could be classed the same, though i thought that was more links than Panmuir though they do share the same ground as such