Titleist TS1 driver.......

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
wasn't this aimed at players with moderate swing speeds??

i suppose deoends on what thay think is moderate, but can't see why not if you had the right old mans slow swing speed shaft in it(y)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
wasn't this aimed at players with moderate swing speeds??
i suppose deoends on what thay think is moderate, but can't see why not if you had the right old mans slow swing speed shaft in it(y)

I think it's aimed at the "lower to moderate" swing speeds. I'm definitely on the lower to moderate scale.
Standard with a very light shaft, I've found a brand new one for £100.00 less than they are going for anywhere else.
But I've never owned a Titleist club in my life, let alone a driver. Wondered what they were like.

"What is the best driver for slower swing speeds?
For slow swing speeds, aerodynamic features provide little to no benefit. Instead, consider longer, lighter designs such as the Titleist TS1, XXIO X and Eleven to work on gaining swing speed. Honma's XP-1 is the No. 1 driver for slow swing speeds".

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
at £100, nothing to lose if its doesn't suit. personally i've never got on with Titeist, found them to be quite unforgiving.

I have the TM M2 (mark1) and tried it against all the new drivers last year, none came close TBH including the Titleist, ive got a light shaft in that, the Orig white tie 5x3 which is 55g

Fabia999

Visit site
Just bought a brand new, still wrapped at £206 with £10 delivery. Arrived two days ago and its extremely light, 276 grams. Can't wait to take it out when I can.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Had a look at one in the shop this morning, looks quite nice, Pro said they only come with senior shafts, so might be fine.

might give one a try next time i'm out;)

AliMc

Visit site
Oh well.... a fool and his money.
Should be here Saturday.
Regular shaft
????

Had always been a Callaway guy until I had a trackman fitting session 2 years ago and ended up with a Titleist TS3, absolutely love it, hit it consistently well, I have a Hrzdus Smoke 60 stiff shaft in mine, probably swing too fast sometimes. TS1 seems to get good reviews, sure you will love it.
I've cobbled together prize vouchers, old club trade in's, (our club had an trade in event recently and I managed to find 7 clubs to raise some cash) and with a very good trade in for my current TS3 I have ordered a new TSi3 (most used driver in the masters) would never have considered parting with £519 ? but little cash is actually changing hands, can't wait for it to arrive !

Fabia999

Visit site
Oh well.... a fool and his money.
Should be here Saturday.
Regular shaft
????
Great stuff. It is .25" longer than standard and comes 1 degree higher than stated too. Head cover is great quality, as expected from a £400 (new, in shop) driver.

I got the 45gram reg shaft, did you go 40/45gram?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Great stuff. It is .25" longer than standard and comes 1 degree higher than stated too. Head cover is great quality, as expected from a £400 (new, in shop) driver.

I got the 45gram reg shaft, did you go 40/45gram?

40gram. The regular airspeeder shaft?
As I say, got it for £264.00 delivered, still in wrapper.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had always been a Callaway guy until I had a trackman fitting session 2 years ago and ended up with a Titleist TS3, absolutely love it, hit it consistently well, I have a Hrzdus Smoke 60 stiff shaft in mine, probably swing too fast sometimes. TS1 seems to get good reviews, sure you will love it.
I've cobbled together prize vouchers, old club trade in's, (our club had an trade in event recently and I managed to find 7 clubs to raise some cash) and with a very good trade in for my current TS3 I have ordered a new TSi3 (most used driver in the masters) would never have considered parting with £519 ? but little cash is actually changing hands, can't wait for it to arrive !
Really? That's quite surprising. I always thought TaylorMade were the most popular on tour for drivers. That's a bit of a turn up.

AliMc

Visit site
Really? That's quite surprising. I always thought TaylorMade were the most popular on tour for drivers. That's a bit of a turn up.

Source: Bunkered magazine
The brand (Titleist) has topped ALL of the major equipment counts at this years Masters, including golf balls, drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, utility irons, irons sets and wedges.
The big headline, however, is the dominance of Titleist drivers, aided by the new TSi range which became available at retail on Thursday.
Not since the year 2000 has Titleist topped this particular category.
With 29 Titleist drivers in play, the breakdown includes 23 new TSi models, with 19 TSi3, 3 TSi2, and 1 TSi4. Of those 29, nine are non-