The Whisky Thread

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Had an absolutely great night last night at my local real ale pub, a whisky tasting and Burns supper evening. Tried 7 different whisky’s from Scotland, Ireland and even Australia! All excellent but my favourite was the Hinch 5 Year double wood. (The Glenfiddich Orchard experiment was also exceptional)
53B97298-FD3F-4BE2-9164-E28A4146CBD5.jpeg
1D5ACBA0-C802-4130-BF0B-8E8712D6BF77.jpeg

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Might as well ask here... Does anyone know if this whisky liqueur is still made/sold?
online search isn't showing much option to buy in UK

pic1.jpg

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
I was given a bottle of Arran Quarter Cask for Christmas.
Very strong..........I had to keep adding water to it
Found out that that it works well as a good decongestive if you sniff it, more expensive than Vics but much more effective.(y)

Had an on-line Burns celebration last night amongst a group of brewing friends distributed across the Western World from New Jersey USA to Berlin.

To wash down my Haggis I had a few drams of a very nice special edition bottling - not my bottle I'm afraid but my dads....we were supposed to share a few Whiskys on New Years Day but I was unwell, so we filled up a few miniature bottles and swapped them....seemed like a good occasion to drink this...

Inchgower 1995 - 20 Year Old - Blackadder Scotch Whisky : The Whisky Exchange

BrianM

Head Pro
Had an on-line Burns celebration last night amongst a group of brewing friends distributed across the Western World from New Jersey USA to Berlin.

To wash down my Haggis I had a few drams of a very nice special edition bottling - not my bottle I'm afraid but my dads....we were supposed to share a few Whiskys on New Years Day but I was unwell, so we filled up a few miniature bottles and swapped them....seemed like a good occasion to drink this...

Inchgower 1995 - 20 Year Old - Blackadder Scotch Whisky : The Whisky Exchange
What was your thoughts?
Cant go wrong with a Sherry Cask Malt in my opinion.

What was your thoughts?
Cant go wrong with a Sherry Cask Malt in my opinion.
I'm growing to be a big fan of whiskys aged in sherry and other fortified wine casks....this was excellent and even drinking un-watered, at is cask strength, it was surprisingly smooth.

Lots of dried fruit, figs, a little hazelnut, toffee

Not sure the wife would be to happy if I shelled out the £200 that the bottle cost!!!