The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
And Cavani is delibaretly handball still a yellow.
60 seconds after being booked.

The bit I found odd re the Cavani booking, both his feet were off the floor and he caught the Liverpool player. It wasn’t a bad tackle. But I thought there was a red punishment for those challenges. I have seen Kompany do one or two of them ?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Because Taylor bottled it - was clear second yellow card

So annoying that if we had played like this against Leeds or Newcastle , West Brom etc then we wouldn’t have had to be battling for CL spot
We also took our chances!
But never killed the game at 3-1 it could have been 6 easy ,then a nervous finish.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The bit I found odd re the Cavani booking, both his feet were off the floor and he caught the Liverpool player. It wasn’t a bad tackle. But I thought there was a red punishment for those challenges. I have seen Kompany do one or two of them ?
Did you see the Mings one on DCL.
Red for me.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Here's an idea, we could call it VAR (Video Assistant Referee) and use it to correct any referee decisions that they get wrong. Everyone would surely have to support such a system to get the correct decision made.
Does it have to be clear and obvious, like a ref seeing it from five yards.
But then overturning his own decision on a slow mo replay.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Because Taylor bottled it - was clear second yellow card

So annoying that if we had played like this against Leeds or Newcastle , West Brom etc then we wouldn’t have had to be battling for CL spot
I thought he could have gone for the challenge he got the yellow for. We've seen reds for less this season.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you only seen one or two you must have had your eyes shut most of the time.

4LEX

Visit site
I'm watching the golf now.
United's worst performance for a long, long time.

That performance was no different to the majority of Utd games this season in large parts. The difference was Liverpool punished them and there was no luck or moments of magic to salvage a result.

Awful style, lack of coaching, players out of position, woeful set piece marking/organisation and an obsession to play two negative CM's who can't pass.