The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
What were Gary and Jamie prattling on about? That was never a penalty, in normal speed or slow motion. He won the ball with his left foot, clearly.
As a neutral I was gobsmacked it took so long for the ref to look at the screen. What surprised me even more was listening to Neville and carragher saying the VAR officials are talking to the ref and they can hear. So why can’t we as fans.
Bottom line am finding all this “ he followed through “ a load of rammel.He won the ball,Fairly. The other guy didn’,Yet his leg is there coz he is late and yet the player followed through And caught him. Is there not a train of thought that the player who is late caught the player who won the ball. Like the chuckle brothers just said “ what is a foul nowadays”.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As a neutral I was gobsmacked it took so long for the ref to look at the screen. What surprised me even more was listening to Neville and carragher saying the VAR officials are talking to the ref and they can hear. So why can’t we as fans.
Bottom line am finding all this “ he followed through “ a load of rammel.He won the ball,Fairly. The other guy didn’,Yet his leg is there coz he is late and yet the player followed through And caught him. Is there not a train of thought that the player who is late caught the player who won the ball. Like the chuckle brothers just said “ what is a foul nowadays”.
I would agree with this.
But they have used the following through to justify so many pens and fouls they have given this year.
Ask Vesteguard from Southampton. Overturned red card as well so double whammy.
VAR is at least consistent ,consistently crap.

Good game though.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site

Yup. Not a foul. Phillips only goes flying as he has forward momentum into the utd player.

These games are usually boring. This is anything but. Hopefully the 2nd half continues the way the first has gone!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What were Gary and Jamie prattling on about? That was never a penalty, in normal speed or slow motion. He won the ball with his left foot, clearly.
So did Vesteguard but he got sent off.
No consistency.
I don’t think either were fouls but VAR can’t make it’s mind up.

Jeez even Roy Keane thinks it’s a pen “ in the modern game”

Last edited:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Studs on the shin is a good tackle now ?‍♂️

If that happens anywhere outside the box it’s a foul. But I’m not surprised it was overturned

Not in the tackle I saw!
The side of his foot catches the player's shin ........................... because that player was late to the ball.
Arguably, the defender's shin catches the United player's foot.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Not in the tackle I saw!
The side of his foot catches the player's shin ........................... because that player was late to the ball.
Arguably, the defender's shin catches the United player's foot.

I think the discussion between souness/ old school and the chuckle brothers/ new school sums it up perfectly. No one really knows.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh my god when will we ever learn,never pass to Fred facing goal,it’s happened too often.
Henderson out of the England squad,you can’t have keepers who make basic errors in major tournaments.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don’t think the refs understand the rules properly anymore.
Mings should have left the field after treatment ,but even after being told by the Everton players he left him on the pitch for the restart.
Mings should have been off for the “ tackle” on DCL knee.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Oh my god when will we ever learn,never pass to Fred facing goal,it’s happened too often.
Henderson out of the England squad,you can’t have keepers who make basic errors in major tournaments.
I'm so glad that the team I support is managed by one of those old fashioned managers who doesn't mind their goalkeeper or defenders putting their foot through the ball. Conceding goals like that is so sickening and pointless.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm so glad that the team I support is managed by one of those old fashioned managers who doesn't mind their goalkeeper or defenders putting their foot through the ball. Conceding goals like that is so sickening and pointless.

That pretty much sums up Fred.
Possibly the worst passer of a football that I've ever seen.