The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was thinking more about your last point, outside the stadium, it would be open house for opposing fans to abuse it.
Clubs are not liable for anything outside the stadium I always thought.
In Utd case they were inside ,as security was piss poor.
That should be more of a concern to them, how those fans got in so easy.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
I was thinking the same. What if it came down to the last game of the season with Liverpool needing to win and Chelsea to lose to overtake them for a CL place. What's to stop Liverpool fans buying Chelsea shirts and getting the game called off knowing that Chelsea will forfeit the points?

I think everyone in this thread is well aware that if this were the case, this current Liverpool team would go 1-0 up inside 3 mins. And then concede to a last minute benteke header and still not make CL.

D

Deleted member 16999

Maybe you just enjoy making lies up then, hasnt been the first time you've done that on here.

The bigger man may have apologised for getting it soooooo wrong.
You just love the personal attacks, quite happy for you to show were I’ve lied, if I’ve made a mistake and it’s been pointed out I’ve apologised, you only come on here to moan, how about posting something original?

4 Teams were affected by Utd getting beat last night, only 1 set of fans whining.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not meant in any way other than I simply do not know the answer but is there actually any rule in place the requires the playing of your strongest team. I only ask because, whilst I can see and appreciate many of the points being made, there have been a couple of calls in the media for points deductions for putting a B team out but I wondered whether there is any actual basis in the rules for that or whether it is just rhetoric and hyperbole.

As a follower of Leicester City (as I have said on here a few times, I do not get involved enough in football to class myself a fan) I am not disappointed as I really saw us struggling to get many more points out of the rest of the season. That said, if Leicester had safely qualified for Europe, I am not sure that we would have seen their first team out either with the cup final coming up. Irrespective of any impact on the rest of the league, I do not expect to see Man Citys first team out much, if at all, before the champions league final and I am sure Chelsea would have been resting players if their place in the Champions League for next year were assured. Rivalry issues will mean that Man United I suspect will put a full team out on Thursday and then, again, I expect a number of players to be wrapped in cotton wool until the Europa League final. Guess it is just the benefit of achieving your goals for the season with matches to spare.
In writing, no I don't think there is. But, many years ago Wolves and Mick McCarthy were fined for playing a reserve 11 I believe. Although that was a frankly ridiculous decision, as they have to choose a squad of 25 for the season, plus youth players, so they should be allowed to pick anyone they want really.

Ah here is the info we need - a couple of teams were fined for weakened teams over ten years ago but then they changed the rules once they brought in the 25 squad rule. Makes sense.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You just love the personal attacks, quite happy for you to show were I’ve lied, if I’ve made a mistake and it’s been pointed out I’ve apologised, you only come on here to moan, how about posting something original?

4 Teams were affected by Utd getting beat last night, only 1 set of fans whining.

You said we didnt congratulate city fans which not only was done by 1 of us, but by at least 4, and even after pointing it out twice you chose to ignore. An aplogoy is just words if insincere. (y)

Original, ye gods, I must be that unoriginal that you havent replied to my posts thousands of times. I just just laugh at that one. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Bored now.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Granted, I agree that the league was still mathematically still not done however in reality everyone knows it was, even playing our strongest side and winning all our remaining games I cannot see City losing it from their position.

In terms of the Europa Final, again I agree, it is still a few more weeks away however this is the biggest game of the season now, nothing else matters so why risk a longer term injury? Does it really matter if you finish 2nd or 4th at this point when CL qualification is done for next season but you still have the 2nd biggest European match in the calender left to play? As a manager I wouldn't be risking anyone needlessly with that one on the horizon especially with the stick OGS has taken from many of United's own fans.

Nope
Why bring Fernandes on for 12 minutes then?

Last edited:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
No chance .
My mate hit an iron off the first tee once because he wouldn’t use a RED tee.
His son had emptied his bag!
Can’t see him in a Liverpool scarf.

That made me laugh as I can't have anything red whatsoever. I was looking at new golf grips and the recommended ones were black with a red and white stripe in places - told the pro to forget that in a hurry!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That made me laugh as I can't have anything red whatsoever. I was looking at new golf grips and the recommended ones were black with a red and white stripe in places - told the pro to forget that in a hurry!
I would be stumped my fave colour is sky blue.
Got a blue car.
Don’t understand all that none sense.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Any game that is forced to be postponed because of the clubs fans actions imo should be forfeited and points awarded to the opposition - regardless of who is involved. A fans protest ended up with a game being unable to play - and it seems nothing has been done about it.

But at the very least look at rearranging the game when it’s not going to have such a dramatic affect on a lot of crucial games
So you feel hard done by because of Man Utd’s team selection & feel it may have weakened your chances of top 4.
But you want 3pts for a game you didn’t even play??

Do you not think other teams challenging for top 4 might be a little upset by this Phil? ?‍♂️

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Arsenal must be the only side who have 3 right backs in the squad and put them all on the bench for the same game haha

Assume Sakas being asked to try yet another position lol

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
And the scalpers have started;

1620846670018.png

£505 for EasyJet one way.

I understand the view that there is somehow more kudos the the final being abroad, but only if you are there; does it really matter where it is if you are watching it on a TV?.

TfL wouldn't have been putting travel cards up.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

View attachment 36597

I understand the view that there is somehow more kudos the the final being abroad, but only if you are there; does it really matter where it is if you are watching it on a TV?.

We always used to buy a flight for the final before the semi final if we were going to try and go, dont have to worry about that nowadays lol

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

View attachment 36597

And the problem with Portugal is that apart from Madrid (or possibly Bilbao) there aren't many options for airports to fly to and then drive/train on to stadium.

If it was in Zurich, Switzerland you'd have a choice of France, Germany and Italy to fly in to. Same with Prague, Vienna, Budapest etc. Plenty of choice of fly/drive options to get there.