The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Would you say the same if your club was languishing in 6th rather than winning another title? ?
I did say the same last year when Liverpool ran away with the title. I enjoyed the season. The last 10 years have been brilliant being a City fan. But for a couple of decades when we were rammel. There were certain games, especially against utd when I knew we were goin to get battered. I just hoped the score would be respectable. I felt there was nothing worse than knowing the result of a game before it had kicked off. Tonight’s game, West Ham v Everton, and loads more. It’s been good as a neutral not going how games were going to go. Back in the olden days I used to dream of finishing 6th ??

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Very little in the media condemning Tuchel for making 7 changes to his team that beat City previously. Assume it's because the result doesn't particularly impact anyone other than themsevles given that Arsenal aren't likely to get Europe however surely it's the same principle, he has a squad and he's make the decision based on the FA Cup final at the weekend. Would have been intersting to see the reaction had they been playing West Ham or Spurs last night with the same result.

D

Deleted member 15344

So Portugal it is then;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57051804

Just about sums up UEFA; you can have the final if you bend your Covid rules so that our sponsors can come & go as they please, screw the supporters.

So UEFA had two choices

1. Satisfy all the fans of both clubs and have a final with great atmosphere

2. Satisfy their corperate sponsers who pay millions

Now after recent events with the ESL and all the talk about the game being for the fans it’s clear UEFA had one option - look after the fans

But UEFA show their clear hypocrisy and look after the millions

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Very little in the media condemning Tuchel for making 7 changes to his team that beat City previously. Assume it's because the result doesn't particularly impact anyone other than themsevles given that Arsenal aren't likely to get Europe however surely it's the same principle, he has a squad and he's make the decision based on the FA Cup final at the weekend. Would have been intersting to see the reaction had they been playing West Ham or Spurs last night with the same result.

Troublecauser. :D:D:D:D:D

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Some fans just whinge more than others ?‍♂️?

D

Deleted member 15344

We lost the top 4 losing to Newcastle, Chelsea and throwing it away to a crap Arsenal side. No ones fault but ours and injuries.

How Liverpool fans are blaming OGS, is unfathomable.

Liverpool fans are not blaming OGS for us missing out on CL ?‍♂️

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So what happens in the following situation? Liverpool are at home on the last day of the season needing a point to win the league. A thousand fans of other clubs turn up at the ground in Liverpool shirts, protesting and storm the stadium, causing the match to be abandoned. Under your proposal Liverpool would forfeit the match, and potentially the league title.

I'm not suggesting that the fans at Old Trafford weren't Man Utd fans but how far would fans of other clubs go to stop their biggest rivals from winning the league or winning a trophy?
They should all be arrested and identified.
The ones in UTdS stadium also broke lockdown rules ,have any been identified?
It’s not going to happen as it’s so open to abuse.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some fans just whinge more than others ?‍♂️?
They have a lot to whinge about though so give them some slack :)

1. Unlikely to qualify for the champions league
2. Probably the worst defence of the P/L title ( can’t be bothered to google) that’s Phils job.
3.Unlikely to attract any big summer signings due to no C/L

Perhaps I should have put it in the “Things that gladden the heart” thread.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They have a lot to whinge about though so give them some slack :)

1. Unlikely to qualify for the champions league
2. Probably the worst defence of the P/L title ( can’t be bothered to google) that’s Phils job.
3.Unlikely to attract any big summer signings due to no C/L

Perhaps I should have put it in the “Things that gladden the heart” thread.
This is true
But our season is still better than 3/4 of the PL ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

This is true
But our season is still better than 3/4 of the PL ;)

At least it’s nice to see the Man Utd fans vocal again - been quiet for the last 3 years or so. Coming second seems have given them a resurgence.