The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So Zaha ( once again ) goes down under the slightest touch in the box

The pundits - “clever from Zaha” “won the penalty” - no it was a dive because the touch wasn’t in anyway strong enough for him to go down.
When I first saw it I thought Redmond had trod on his heel so it was a pen, but just seen it again now and yeah he clearly waits for a brush then flops. The blokes just a cheat. And another one looked at by var but not corrected.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
When I first saw it I thought Redmond had trod on his heel so it was a pen, but just seen it again now and yeah he clearly waits for a brush then flops. The blokes just a cheat. And another one looked at by var but not corrected.
A brush? Wow.
And if Zaha is a cheat, how would you describe Ward Proyce? Enjoy your win, your team played well, but don't throw stones in massive glass houses.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A brush? Wow.
And if Zaha is a cheat, how would you describe Ward Proyce? Enjoy your win, your team played well, but don't throw stones in massive glass houses.
A brush, a tickle, whatever you want to call it, he's thrown himself to the floor after absolutely minimal contact, which is cheating. And lets be fair he's got plenty of form for it.
Not sure why you're bringing Ward Prowse into it? A more honest player you would be hard pushed to find ?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Bruno different class in a vastly inferior team. Goal/assist ratio no one can get anywhere near.

Pardon?

Goals. Asssists. pens. Minutes
Kane. 21. 13. 4 2813
Son 17. 11. 1 2849
Fernandes 17. 10. 9 2921

looks like he’s beaten by two in a team ”vastly inferior”. with penalties that make him look close.....

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Not sure why you're bringing Ward Prowse into it? A more honest player you would be hard pushed to find ?
BlueMixedKrill-max-1mb.gif

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
One player has helped turn City round, he has done the same as what VVD has done at Liverpool. Dias, anyone that helps to make Stones look good is doing a good job. City’s defence is looking solid. Something that has never been said about City in the past.

D

Deleted member 16999

??? behave you bad man. It’s easier to say that than congrats City ?
Just like every season, the best team wins the League, highlighting 1 game or 1 instance in a whole season is pathetic.

Dias is certainly Player of the Season for me.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Now the season is over is it time for team of the seasons? Gary & Jamie already did theirs so it's fair game I think.

Lloris
Cancelo - Fofana - R.Dias - Shaw
Soucek - Gundogan
Mahrez - B.Fernandes - Son
Kane

Bench: E.Martinez, J.Justin, Stones, Mount, Foden, Grealish, Salah​

D

Deleted member 16999

GK - Mendy

Defence:

Dias
Cancelo
Wan B
Godfrey

Midfield:

Foden
Fernandes
De Bruyne
Grealish

Forwards:

Salah
Kane

D

Deleted member 15344

Lloris ???

Anyway team of the year for me

Martinez

Wan Bissaka
Dias
Evans
Shaw

Soucek
Gundogen
Fernandes

Foden
Kane
Salah

Subs

Ederson
Maguire
James
Rice
Mahrez
Kante

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Martinez

Walker
Dias
Konsa
Shaw

Rice
KDB
Foden

Grealish
Kane
Salah

Subs
Ederson
Gundogan
Mahrez
Son
Targett
James
Mount

D

Deleted member 15344

No one suggested or stated that City won the league because of one game but that doesn’t fit the rhetoric.

Last edited by a moderator:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not meant in any way other than I simply do not know the answer but is there actually any rule in place the requires the playing of your strongest team. I only ask because, whilst I can see and appreciate many of the points being made, there have been a couple of calls in the media for points deductions for putting a B team out but I wondered whether there is any actual basis in the rules for that or whether it is just rhetoric and hyperbole.

As a follower of Leicester City (as I have said on here a few times, I do not get involved enough in football to class myself a fan) I am not disappointed as I really saw us struggling to get many more points out of the rest of the season. That said, if Leicester had safely qualified for Europe, I am not sure that we would have seen their first team out either with the cup final coming up. Irrespective of any impact on the rest of the league, I do not expect to see Man Citys first team out much, if at all, before the champions league final and I am sure Chelsea would have been resting players if their place in the Champions League for next year were assured. Rivalry issues will mean that Man United I suspect will put a full team out on Thursday and then, again, I expect a number of players to be wrapped in cotton wool until the Europa League final. Guess it is just the benefit of achieving your goals for the season with matches to spare.

D

Deleted member 16999

Not meant in any way other than I simply do not know the answer but is there actually any rule in place the requires the playing of your strongest team. I only ask because, whilst I can see and appreciate many of the points being made, there have been a couple of calls in the media for points deductions for putting a B team out but I wondered whether there is any actual basis in the rules for that or whether it is just rhetoric and hyperbole.

As a follower of Leicester City (as I have said on here a few times, I do not get involved enough in football to class myself a fan) I am not disappointed as I really saw us struggling to get many more points out of the rest of the season. That said, if Leicester had safely qualified for Europe, I am not sure that we would have seen their first team out either with the cup final coming up. Irrespective of any impact on the rest of the league, I do not expect to see Man Citys first team out much, if at all, before the champions league final and I am sure Chelsea would have been resting players if their place in the Champions League for next year were assured. Rivalry issues will mean that Man United I suspect will put a full team out on Thursday and then, again, I expect a number of players to be wrapped in cotton wool until the Europa League final. Guess it is just the benefit of achieving your goals for the season with matches to spare.
You can only beat the team put out in front of you, each manager can only decide what’s best for his team/club.

Leics won, City win the PL, no congratulating either team, but let’s all talk about the effect on Lpool:rolleyes:

None of this rubbish at the weekend when City (9) and Chelsea (5) changed their teams, nobody called for City to have points deducted etc, but the media darlings are involved and answers are demanded.

It has nothing to do with LPool what team Utd put out on Thursday, to me it is getting excuses ready, Lpool already have an extra days rest from the weekend and I’d state 100% Klopp will be preparing his team to beat the best team Utd put out.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Teams have a squad declared think it’s 25.
So no such thing as a B team anymore really.
Except in cups you can play the kids