The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Tonight marks a very special occasion for me and my friends, our first ever Champions League match at Villa Park.

Under the lights in the Holte End - no place in the world I'd rather be tonight.

Its going to be an amazing occasion, one I'm sure I wont forget for years to come. A very fitting opponent for us to say our goodbyes to Gary Shaw to, too. A man who was instrumental in us lifting the trophy back in 82 against Bayern and whos name will forevermore be proudly displayed on the Holte End.

COME ON YOU VILLA BOYS, DO US PROUD!!!!!!
I am sure the club and the crowd will do Gary Shaw and his family proud tonight. Enjoy the game

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Tonight marks a very special occasion for me and my friends, our first ever Champions League match at Villa Park.

Under the lights in the Holte End - no place in the world I'd rather be tonight.

Its going to be an amazing occasion, one I'm sure I wont forget for years to come. A very fitting opponent for us to say our goodbyes to Gary Shaw to, too. A man who was instrumental in us lifting the trophy back in 82 against Bayern and whos name will forevermore be proudly displayed on the Holte End.

COME ON YOU VILLA BOYS, DO US PROUD!!!!!!

Good luck but is there anyway someone can find a way to shut up Agbonlahor - he is becoming unbearable

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Good luck but is there anyway someone can find a way to shut up Agbonlahor - he is becoming unbearable

Nah I love Gabby!!

He's the one person championing the Villa in an otherwise very United/ Liverpool based pot of pundits around at the moment!

Edit: good luck to Liverpool too, looking forward to seeing how you play against Bologna, we have them in a few weeks time too!

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Nah I love Gabby!!

He's the one person championing the Villa in an otherwise very United/ Liverpool based pot of pundits around at the moment!

Edit: good luck to Liverpool too, looking forward to seeing how you play against Bologna, we have them in a few weeks time too!

He is very much pro Villa and that’s cool - loves his club but just needs to understand that being in it for one year doesn’t suddenly propel the club above a lot of the other clubs that have had CL for 30 years etc

But hope you beat Bayern

As for Bologna - no idea what they are like now after losing so many players

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I reckon you’ll give them a good game.

I hope so! Defence is leaky this year though!

He is very much pro Villa and that’s cool - loves his club but just needs to understand that being in it for one year doesn’t suddenly propel the club above a lot of the other clubs that have had CL for 30 years etc

But hope you beat Bayern

As for Bologna - no idea what they are like now after losing so many players

hahaha he's just milking it for all its worth! And credit to him, he must generate so much money in click bait for Talksport!

Fingers crossed you hammer Bologna so hard they dread getting on another plane to England for a CL again this season :ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nah I love Gabby!!

If my options were Agbonlahor speaking highly of me, or nobody speaking highly of me, I would choose nobody every time.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great finish by Duran, but where was Neuer?

Everytime he scores the forums get full of rubbish about how we should have pulled out all the stops to sign him

The fact that villa kept changing the price and it was getting 50 million plus

Don't get me wrong he would be worth every penny as he proving but we couldn't afford him and our fans seem convinced we passed on him

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Villa were excellent, a well organised display capped off with a great finish by Duran and some excellent saves from Martinez...but I though that Bayern were very poor....quite ponderous in their build up.