The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PaulMdj

Visit site
You are missing the point. Irrespective of whether the decision was right, the referee had said play on and given the throw. No-one was incensed and it was only when Taylor got involved and persuaded him to change his mind that it kicked off. Let the referee do the job he is there to do and only get involved in a clear and obvious error. The ref must have told Taylor he had seen it and was happy
You and @clubchamp98 are the ones missing the point!🤬

It’s a 4 man team working together to Officiate the match, ie help each other. If one man could see everything they’d bin the other 3 Officials wouldn’t they.

Taylor got involved as the Ref from his angle had got it wrong, the reaction from the bench’s of the teams is down to their own discipline.

For godsake! @clubchamp98 admitted it was a yellow card tackle, so what you and others are now saying is, once a Ref makes a decision, good or bad, get on with it!

Ridiculous.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
On a totally different topic - Ive just read an article on Sky Sports about the new rivalry between Arsenal and City and how this will be entertaining for years to come, but it got me thinking - Peps future is actually totally unknown.

What do people think Pep will do at the end of the season?

He has 3 options (other than flat out retirement)

Another period of time off to recharge and wait for the next big opportunity.
Re-sign with City
Move to a new club

Personally think he's waiting to hear the result of the charges against City before signing a new deal, I don't think there's another club out there for him at present that can offer what City offer him.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
On a totally different topic - Ive just read an article on Sky Sports about the new rivalry between Arsenal and City and how this will be entertaining for years to come, but it got me thinking - Peps future is actually totally unknown.

Re-sign with City
Move to a new club

Personally think he's waiting to hear the result of the charges against City before signing a new deal, I don't think there's another club out there for him at present that can offer what City offer him.
See the outcome and bail if it goes horribly wrong. Probably to Real or Barca

Morfeen75

Visit site

Re-sign with City
Move to a new club

Sky in promoting a faux rivalry shock! I suppose they do have product to market and sell.

As for Pep he'll get bored of completing football eventually. I'm sure he'll be content knowing he's the greatest football coach in world football.

PaulMdj

Visit site

Re-sign with City
Move to a new club

I wonder if he see’s himself taking on a National side?

The Spain job might not be available for a few years.🤷‍♂️

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

Re-sign with City
Move to a new club

Typical of Sky tbh

As well as ignoring the ability of other teams to challenge they love to create these levels of rivalry’s

Not much of a rivalry when one team has won the square root of nothing for 5 years

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Typical of Sky tbh

As well as ignoring the ability of other teams to challenge they love to create these levels of rivalry’s

Not much of a rivalry when one team has won the square root of nothing for 5 years
Who else is there. The Liverpool rivalry is arguably already there and ready for the hyperbole when the fixture comes around. United is a given so it makes sense to develop a rivalry. Fills screen time

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Correct - all the gate money is being given to Wimbledon, I think I read.
Not sure that is correct....my understanding is the gate money is split 45% to each team and the remaining 10% goes in to the football family coffers....sorry, to the FA. (why it goes to the FA and not the Football League I dont know).

Obviously with a 45% share, Wimbledon will make far more out of the game at SJP than they would have hosting, plus they wont have to pay policing costs etc etc etc.