The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PaulMdj

Visit site
I don’t agree.
Taylor is only voicing his opinion.
It’s different to the refs obvious view that he got the ball.
So two different opinions
By accepting he was wrong shows he isn’t that good at his job .
Rubbish! Do referees not accept linesman’s decisions all the time?

The 4th Official is no different!

These aren’t random blokes picked off the street they world class Officials who know what they are doing.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don’t agree.
Taylor is only voicing his opinion.
It’s different to the refs obvious view that he got the ball.
So two different opinions
By accepting he was wrong shows he isn’t that good at his job .

Taylor gives his view, the ref can change his mind. From what he saw he might not have seen the two feet off the ground

It was a bad tackle, definitely a bookable offence

We moan when officials miss stuff let's not start moaning when they get decisions correct

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Taylor gives his view, the ref can change his mind. From what he saw he might not have seen the two feet off the ground

It was a bad tackle, definitely a bookable offence

We moan when officials miss stuff let's not start moaning when they get decisions correct
Exactly his view!
But I prefer the ref to referee the game.
We have been told more onfield decisions will stand.
Think we all agree it’s a wild challenge but it’s the way they get to the change of mind and card
World class refs don’t get it so wrong in the first place.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Exactly his view!
Think we all agree it’s a wild challenge but it’s the way they get to the change of mind and card

Oh don't be silly, of course they do. He is allowed to change his mind and it's not first time it's happened

Much like a ref who signals a throw in one way and the lino corrects them as he saw a touch off the oppo because he was close that the ref didn't see

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Exactly his view!

The onfield decision did stand - VAR didn’t get involved

The ref working with his team onfield got to the right decision- what’s the issue ?

PaulMdj

Visit site
Exactly his view!
😂😂 So the Ref was to blame, the 4th Official is to blame, but you agree it was a wild challenge?🤔

Surely that proves the Match Officials worked well as a team and we should be praising them.

I look forward to the first ever match were a Ref has a perfect game.

Morfeen75

Visit site
They aren't, but the stats for when he plays are quite ridiculous. He is a significant part of the team and his absence could be the difference this year between the title or not.
Tad contradictory. They're not a 1 man team but his absence could be the difference?

I admire him as a footballer, he's got everything in his locker as a genuine world class footballer and most teams would miss him but not Manchester City with the strength in depth they have got.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I did not realise Manchester City were a 1 man team

They aren’t but losing Rodri is massive for them , and add in having KDB with niggling injuries then it’s going to be a big test for Pep - not sure he has had to deal with losing such a massive player for a season and Rodri is big for them - best in the world at his role - he may just splash out big money in the Ian window

It will also be interesting to see how Arsenal continue to deal with losing Odegaard for a few weeks or more , they have I think one of the thinnest squads in the prem

Both have been ok for injuries over the last two seasons - big test now

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
They aren’t but losing Rodri is massive for them , and add in having KDB with niggling injuries then it’s going to be a big test for Pep - not sure he has had to deal with losing such a massive player for a season and Rodri is big for them - best in the world at his role - he may just splash out big money in the Ian window

It will also be interesting to see how Arsenal continue to deal with losing Odegaard for a few weeks or more , they have I think one of the thinnest squads in the prem

Both have been ok for injuries over the last two seasons - big test now

Arsenal will lose to someone they really shouldnt in the next couple of weeks, I can see it already.

Buzzing for the twitter meltdowns...

On a positive, with City and Arsenal losing some of their best players, the leagues opening up for a charge from the mighty Villa ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Tad contradictory. They're not a 1 man team but his absence could be the difference?

I admire him as a footballer, he's got everything in his locker as a genuine world class footballer and most teams would miss him but not Manchester City with the strength in depth they have got.
I'm with LT. The stats with him in and out the team show what a difference he makes. Yes they do have more strength in depth than all the other sides but he is still a key part to how they play. I think in the CL in particular it will be a big miss. Maybe against lesser PL sides his injury won't be as missed but in crucial games against United, Liverpool etc it will be a massive hole to fill