The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PaulMdj

Visit site
It appears that Arsenal don’t just waste time against City. 😳

Let it go Tash, they are challengeing for the title, they were 2-1 up away at one of the top 5 Clubs in the world and down to 10 men.

Boring, negative? Absolutely, but still escaped with a point.

No way in the world does any team in that position try and play football at your place…park the bus and pray.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Let it go Tash, they are challengeing for the title, they were 2-1 up away at one of the top 5 Clubs in the world and down to 10 men.

Boring, negative? Absolutely, but still escaped with a point.

No way in the world does any team in that position try and play football at your place…park the bus and pray.
Not just against us though. It’s the norm. 😁👍

Morfeen75

Visit site
It appears that Arsenal don’t just waste time against City. 😳

I heard a stat that the ball was in play for 35minutes yesterday in that 2nd half, which if true, is surprisingly high. That would suggest Arsenal were not "excesssively" wasting time.

I often watched Bromley in the national league and i have seen many teams time waste. Its part of football unfortunately.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I heard a stat that the ball was in play for 35minutes yesterday in that 2nd half, which if true, is surprisingly high. That would suggest Arsenal were not "excesssively" wasting time.

I often watched Bromley in the national league and i have seen many teams time waste. Its part of football unfortunately.
But the 2nd half did last nearly an hour so the ball was only in play for just over 50% of the time

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The new Man Utd stadium has been revealed at the Labour Party conference (in Liverpool?!?!) and, according to the Manchester Mayor, it will put more freight on the rails. Not sure how it will do this 🤔

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Definitely. I think a lot of referees are becoming scared to make a decision immediately for fear of it being over turned as "clear and obvious" but here he's decided the ball had been played and then seemed to succumb outside pressure. I think he should have had the conviction of what he saw and run with it. No doubt had he done so he'd have been pulled up at the referee review if nowhere else so a case almost of can't do right for doing wrong
Yes but if there going to go with the onfield decision a bit more.
The refs have to make sure there right.
He called a good tackle then listened to another ref with a different view to his own.

In the City game.
The Walker incident was purely of Oliver’s own making .
If he calls the captains to chat he should know Walker needs to get back into position .
Not that important to Saka .
But essential to a defender.

He’s supposed to be the best we have.
No wonder the rest are so bad as he’s not that good.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rarely had an independent other official aside from linesmen from each team (so hardly neutral) and so I had to take their input with due diligence and more than once ignored an offside flag (player coming onto a ball from his own half being a prime example). And to answer the other part of course not but at the level I refereed at, they were lucky to get an official and so most accepted the decision being made with "best intent". Sadly at local recreation grounds VAR and a chance to look at a monitor was in shot supply (no wait, there wasn't even such a thing) and we were allowed to make a decision on what we saw at that time. Of course I think you already knew the answer
Spot on
If the ref had looked at the monitor and then changed his mind fine ( but not allowed VAR rules.)😳
But to just take the opinion of someone else seems very weak from me.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Maybe an extra point for scoring three goals or more might help.

Just thinking out loud

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Spot on
If the ref had looked at the monitor and then changed his mind fine ( but not allowed VAR rules.)😳
But to just take the opinion of someone else seems very weak from me

Na he is spot on, his angle wasn't amazing. Their a team of officials

They can consult each other , they are referee assistants after all, they are there to assist the referee.

The 4 official had a better angle, tbh I like a ref who's willing to accept they got it wrong the first time

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Na he is spot on, his angle wasn't amazing. Their a team of officials

They can consult each other , they are referee assistants after all, they are there to assist the referee.

The 4 official had a better angle, tbh I like a ref who's willing to accept they got it wrong the first time
I don’t agree.
Taylor is only voicing his opinion.
It’s different to the refs obvious view that he got the ball.
So two different opinions
By accepting he was wrong shows he isn’t that good at his job .

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
They are allowed to change their mind when they are consulted by their team

It’s a good thing

Refs sees it one way from an angle , team mate sees it from a different better angle - they consult and he changes his decision, that’s a good thing. Would rather they did that than just being stubborn and sticking with a wrong decision

He didn’t blow the whistle because he though the player got the ball hence his initial call - he then changed when being consulted

As for the second point, sorry but I don’t input into my brain every single decision made - but I wish they had changed their mind for some of the wrong decisions they have made in the past

It was the correct decision - it was a yellow card , and the officials got to the right decision between them
I agree it’s a good thing, and I agree the correct decision was made. but we’ll have to agree to disagree with how they got there.

In other news…. It’s happening! £100m from Real incoming next summer 🥳🥳

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site