The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hope that's true. Yes all teams do it but I'm not having it that they don't take it to extremes, and for me they are a horrid bunch and a horrid watch.

I’m trying to agree with this but…if it’s your own team is 1-0 up in in a huge game or England 1-0 up in a massive game with 10 minutes to play we’d more than likely be applauding it, unless you’re Scottish or something 🤣

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’m trying to agree with this but…if it’s your own team is 1-0 up in in a huge game or England 1-0 up in a massive game with 10 minutes to play we’d more than likely be applauding it, unless you’re Scottish or something 🤣

I'm not sure (not about whether I'm Scottish - which 50% of me is!) if I'd want to see my team go to the levels we have seen from Arsenal. In fact I know I wouldn't. Be brave. Trust your ability. Keep the ball. Ok don't rush like a loony to take every throw in/goal kick but also don't cheat like a cheaty cheating cheater :)

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I'm not sure (not about whether I'm Scottish - which 50% of me is!) if I'd want to see my team go to the levels we have seen from Arsenal. In fact I know I wouldn't. Be brave. Trust your ability. Keep the ball. Ok don't rush like a loony to take every throw in/goal kick but also don't cheat like a cheaty cheating cheater :)
Did well to not get a infraction there 😂

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Which 50%?
Top, bottom, left or right?

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure that is correct....my understanding is the gate money is split 45% to each team and the remaining 10% goes in to the football family coffers....sorry, to the FA. (why it goes to the FA and not the Football League I dont know).

Obviously with a 45% share, Wimbledon will make far more out of the game at SJP than they would have hosting, plus they wont have to pay policing costs etc etc etc.
Ah yes, you are correct, I mis-read earlier! I thought they’d said they would donate their share as well. Either way, as you say, they’ll make a lot more from the game being at SJP. Hope they can raise the money to get it sorted.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On a totally different topic - Ive just read an article on Sky Sports about the new rivalry between Arsenal and City and how this will be entertaining for years to come, but it got me thinking - Peps future is actually totally unknown.

What do people think Pep will do at the end of the season?

He has 3 options (other than flat out retirement)

Another period of time off to recharge and wait for the next big opportunity.
Re-sign with City
Move to a new club

Personally think he's waiting to hear the result of the charges against City before signing a new deal, I don't think there's another club out there for him at present that can offer what City offer him.
He won’t do any good in div 2 😂😂

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fernandinho you mean 😉
Every team uses the art of time wasting and it is an art.
The refs have to play their part.

Is the six second rule still live for keepers ?
As it never gets used.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fernandinho you mean 😉
Every team uses the art of time wasting and it is an art.
The refs have to play their part.

Is the six second rule still live for keepers ?
As it never gets used.

I still feel it's unusual for EVERY player in the team to be cheaty cheating cheaters :) Seriously though - the players who are there to break up play will do it. The GK will push the limits of time-wasting as will most on throw ins etc BUT the blatant cheating and feigning injury from the bench to the manager to the physio to every player on the pitch - that's different level stuff.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
On a totally different topic - Ive just read an article on Sky Sports about the new rivalry between Arsenal and City and how this will be entertaining for years to come, but it got me thinking - Peps future is actually totally unknown.

What do people think Pep will do at the end of the season?

He has 3 options (other than flat out retirement)

Another period of time off to recharge and wait for the next big opportunity.
Re-sign with City
Move to a new club

Personally think he's waiting to hear the result of the charges against City before signing a new deal, I don't think there's another club out there for him at present that can offer what City offer him.
I’m looking forward to Arteta taking over at City. Also don’t see City being sanctioned beyond a fine and a transfer ban.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The PL set the template with their actions against Forest and Everton. I've said it previously, no deductions should take place once the season has begun. Every team should know where they stand on day 1 of the season. They shouldn't mess teams about part way through (it affects all teams, not just the ones getting a deduction)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I think Allardyce was spot on here about how it will go.

View attachment 55116

Can't see a relegation happening at all.
The problem ( and I am not saying he is wrong) with this, is it is a comment that has come from someone who was taking backhanders within the game of football. So to me it’s like having marriage advice off Zsa Zsa Gabor.
I have said it before. Do I think City have broken FFP rules. I am positive they have. But they were put in place to protect the top clubs. Not clubs like “Liddell Citeh”. One of the biggest problems that the premier league has is that they have in place rules to limit spending, which is against some EU laws. So the rules “ they have broke”. Are they illegal.I don’t know.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
The problem ( and I am not saying he is wrong) with this, is it is a comment that has come from someone who was taking backhanders within the game of football. So to me it’s like having marriage advice off Zsa Zsa Gabor.
I have said it before. Do I think City have broken FFP rules. I am positive they have. But they were put in place to protect the top clubs. Not clubs like “Liddell Citeh”. One of the biggest problems that the premier league has is that they have in place rules to limit spending, which is against some EU laws. So the rules “ they have broke”. Are they illegal.I don’t know.

Ah - so it’s a case of because we think the rules are unfair it’s ok to break them

Do you think it’s unfair for a club to be able to spend more money than anyone else because they have an oil state to back them ?

Or is that fair on all teams

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ah - so it’s a case of because we think the rules are unfair it’s ok to break them

Do you think it’s unfair for a club to be able to spend more money than anyone else because they have an oil state to back them ?

Or is that fair on all teams
Football ownership / spending has not been fair for 40-50 years. It's just a matter of who the money has changed.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Jack Walker and Blackburn were a classic example
Frankly, Man Utd were always the richest club around. Liverpool have been big spenders since the 80's / early 90's. Blackburn are a great one off example but different clubs have dominated through rich owners for many years now. This is not new, just the people behind the money and the clubs they are at have changed.