The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Certainly any reintegration of Sancho feels very much as though a new face has sat the player and manager down, either separately or together, and told them to get it sorted.

The most encouraging thing for me is the speed with which deals are being done. It’s not been this way at United for years and is like a breath of fresh air.

They have opened up the purse strings giving young players big wages and big fees - it’s a touch risky and there is going to need some players going the other way due to PSR.

Still think the issue will be the person doing the tactics etc

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
They have opened up the purse strings giving young players big wages and big fees - it’s a touch risky and there is going to need some players going the other way due to PSR.

Still think the issue will be the person doing the tactics etc

Martial and Varane are big wages off the books. Same if Casemiro goes. And whilst Greenwood has gone for a relatively modest initial fee, his wages won’t have been insignificant and a 40-50% sell on clause is really sensible business.

I’ll trust those doing the business to know what they are doing.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Martial and Varane are big wages off the books. Same if Casemiro goes. And whilst Greenwood has gone for a relatively modest initial fee, his wages won’t have been insignificant and a 40-50% sell on clause is really sensible business.

I’ll trust those doing the business to know what they are doing.

I meant paying over £50mil for a player who hasn’t played 50 first team games and giving him close £150k a week - a player who until was offered that was desperate for Madrid - that’s very risky

Swango1980

Visit site
I meant paying over £50mil for a player who hasn’t played 50 first team games and giving him close £150k a week - a player who until was offered that was desperate for Madrid - that’s very risky
I thought it was only a few weeks ago you were slamming Utd for pretty much not getting closer to Everton's valuation of £70 million for Branthwaite?

I mean, tell me a transfer that isn't risky? It feels like if Utd get the deal done, you start talking about it being risky. Yet had Liverpool done the deal, it would be fantastic business getting quality youth in, looking to the future and hijacking a player destined for Madrid.

£50 million isn't monumental in the grand scheme of things

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just read that Kevin De Bruyne might be going to Saudi 😳😳
Man City willing to sell.
Apparently KDB has gone on record and said he has made enough money to keep his children comfortable in there lifetime. If I go to Saidi I will be able to keep my children’s children comfortable.
Wish him and Ederson all the best whatever they do.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Apparently KDB has gone on record and said he has made enough money to keep his children comfortable in there lifetime. If I go to Saidi I will be able to keep my children’s children comfortable.
Can’t blame them tbh.
Same with golfers going to LIV.
It’s ok going on about morals,but I reckon a lot of people would change their opinion if they were given the the chance to make X amount of millions at the end of their careers.

4LEX

Visit site

KDB has been a fringe player for a few years now really with his injuries. A real midfield genius over his time at City but a great move as he'd still command a decent fee. He just looks a yard off the pace upon his return. Surprised on Ederson though.

4LEX

Visit site
Well I hope he gets the same abuse Henderson got from some on here!

The difference is Henderson was virtual signalling about the LGBTQ community and making out he really cared. Then the second he was offered a load of money he was off like a shot. A terrible move for him as he's destroyed his reputation and his career went downhill rapidly. He was underrated and would've likely started for England in the Euros if he hadn't left Liverpool.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The difference is Henderson was virtual signalling about the LGBTQ community and making out he really cared. Then the second he was offered a load of money he was off like a shot. A terrible move for him as he's destroyed his reputation and his career went downhill rapidly. He was underrated and would've likely started for England in the Euros if he hadn't left Liverpool.
I cannot imagine there would be many City fans that begrudge him a move. Like Pep his days are numbered. Re Ederson, one apparent move has broken down with allegedly another club are interested in him. City are holding out for a decent fee. I think Henderson had his ear bent because of his comment re LGBGT. And thinking about it I cannot think of another player that has had a similar amount of abuse re going to Saudi. The odd thing is a few players are now starting to return. The Saudi league seems similar to the chinese football exodus a few years ago.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
No issue if players come out and say it's purely for the cash rather than some flimsy excuse like growing the game abroad etc