The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I cannot imagine there would be many City fans that begrudge him a move. Like Pep his days are numbered. Re Ederson, one apparent move has broken down with allegedly another club are interested in him. City are holding out for a decent fee. I think Henderson had his ear bent because of his comment re LGBGT. And thinking about it I cannot think of another player that has had a similar amount of abuse re going to Saudi. The odd thing is a few players are now starting to return. The Saudi league seems similar to the chinese football exodus a few years ago.
Who do you have to replace Ederson? He plays a pretty key role in your side.

Swango1980

Visit site
So it’s all about his rainbow laces and not about the money.💵

Or he was a Liverpool player more Likley !
Nothing to do with the fact he was a Liverpool player. I mean, I don't remember huge criticism about Fabinho or Firminho. They played for Liverpool, and went to Saudi Arabia.

It was quite clear that is was about him expressing his opinions on certain issues publicly, and then suddenly appearing to betray these opinions by taking the money to go to Saudi Arabia. Had any first team player from any of the big clubs done what Henderson did, they too would have received criticism.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Nothing to do with the fact he was a Liverpool player. I mean, I don't remember huge criticism about Fabinho or Firminho. They played for Liverpool, and went to Saudi Arabia.

It was quite clear that is was about him expressing his opinions on certain issues publicly, and then suddenly appearing to betray these opinions by taking the money to go to Saudi Arabia. Had any first team player from any of the big clubs done what Henderson did, they too would have received criticism.
Spot on 👍🏻

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Exactly. Any player from any league in fact. Had anyone from the top European sides done the same and did what Henderson did they would be rightly berated. Not unique to Henderson or the PL

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think there is a lot of faith in the number 2 keeper Stefan Ortega. 👍
Truthfully, I feel happier when Stefan is in goal. Ederson is a great keeper and his distribution is second to none BUT he scares the living daylights out of me as he seems thick as and on the brink of a total brain fart at any moment!

Swango1980

Visit site
Truthfully, I feel happier when Stefan is in goal. Ederson is a great keeper and his distribution is second to none BUT he scares the living daylights out of me as he seems thick as and on the brink of a total brain fart at any moment!
You could argue that having a goalkeeper who is as "thick as" could actually be a good attribute. Goalkeepers will inevitably make big mistakes from time to time, regardless of intelligence. Having one that isn't overly intelligent might mean they are less likely to overthink things after a big mistake, and thus less likely to suffer a huge drop in confidence and always second guessing themselves. Instead, they will continue to do things on instinct and talent. And those are things that have probably served Ederson very well.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think you can say that about so many keepers. Pickford is another that makes me so nervous

Swango1980

Visit site
Hopefully they'll scrap the Nations League! Utterly pointless competition.
Better than friendly matches though. Not sure the Nations League created extra fixtures, or just replaced friendlies?

I think the bigger worry is to do with things like an expanded FIFA Club World Cup, or perhaps national World Cups bang in the middle of domestic seasons?

venger

Visit site
Better than friendly matches though. Not sure the Nations League created extra fixtures, or just replaced friendlies?

I think the bigger worry is to do with things like an expanded FIFA Club World Cup, or perhaps national World Cups bang in the middle of domestic seasons?
I believe the original idea of the nations league was to replace the pointless/meaningless friendlies.