The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Totally agree, but your first post suggested putting all the blame on players and agents(who are greedy) when Clubs are more of a business now and all aspects need to make a profit.

A lot of Clubs also put millions back in to the local community creating jobs and opportunities around the local areas.

City have done it around their area and Everton’s new ground has already breathed new life in to a once run down forgotten part of the town whilst at the same time protecting and saving some of the City’s heritage.

Players are culpable as well - that’s were over 60% of a clubs income goes

Clubs “putting” this and that into local areas will of course always be good but it won’t change ultimately what any clubs owners aim is - to get more money

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I have paid that for a decent polo shirt for golf.
At the end of the day, it’s just a shirt with a design on it you like:)

At the end of the day people will buy what they feel is appropriate value

I’m no different when I buy golf clothing - I’m a bit of snob it that respect when it comes to what makes as you can tell the cheap stuff

Football shirts imo are for kids - which is shame they are so expensive but it’s a commercial world now and all the sports do it - my cricket top wasn’t cheap - suspect rugby tops aren’t neither

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
At the end of the day people will buy what they feel is appropriate value

I’m no different when I buy golf clothing - I’m a bit of snob it that respect when it comes to what makes as you can tell the cheap stuff

Football shirts imo are for kids - which is shame they are so expensive but it’s a commercial world now and all the sports do it - my cricket top wasn’t cheap - suspect rugby tops aren’t neither
So football tops are for kids but you have a cricket top. British Lions rugby shirts have always been expensive as has the England rugby shirt and I doubt that will change soon. Out of interest if these are expensive, who is to blame for that

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Last edited:

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
2 years too late.

That’s about right

He took the team from a low level and did well getting them back up but didn’t have the ability to get over the line

The next appointment is going to be key and I suspect most will want a “name”

But Carsley did very well for the U21’s and progression should see him be given the role

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
That’s about right

He took the team from a low level and did well getting them back up but didn’t have the ability to get over the line

The next appointment is going to be key and I suspect most will want a “name”

But Carsley did very well for the U21’s and progression should see him be given the role
Tad harsh. No-one has got us to two finals and in a one off game it can go either way. Yes we were short on Sunday and definitely out played at times but only a few minutes from extra time and other days we might have got a set piece or a dodgy penalty and nicked it

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
And so the rumour mill is in full effect. Not many on the shortlist I saw that fill me with confidence. I wonder if Lee Carsley deserves a shot as he'll know the set up and most of the players.
I think the link to Poch is just pie in the sky, and I really hope Tuchel is a red herring. My feeling is they'll try and get Howe first - but he possibly won't want the pay cut that he'd have to take. Then it'll be Potter and if that fails they'll just give it to Carsley. As for Klopp being mentioned, I think there's more chance of Sir Alf coming back from the dead than Klopp taking the job.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
It will be Potter, he was reported to be all over the Leicester job then just pulled out of the running (may all be rumour). He will have been approached for a December appointment at the end of Southgate's contract. All just me hypothesizing of course.