The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I think it is wrong Tash if you are also talking about the BBC article, that has Everton down as having 1 player there, we had 3.

It wasn’t the Man City accountants that put the list together was it?😬
Let’s be right, not be the first time the lay BBC have got it wrong, but acoording to the BBC The answer is Bournemouth. 👍

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can see it being used as a tactic right from the start, making the opposition defend an aerial ball right from the start, and hoping to maybe catch them cold right from the beginning. Although, it happened frequently after kick off it seemed, which again must be a demand from the coaches. But, it was frustrating, because it seemed clear that Kane was never going to win the ball. Knowing that Kane was simply not fit, and this was a tactic asked for by Southgate, then having Toney as the striker would surely have made a lot more sense?
It’s like the other teams havnt done any homework watching how we kick off.
Schoolboy stuff imo.😳

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My point was is that the direction the game is going, i.e. big lumbering #9’s are not the answer now. Kane isn’t the fastest, and certainly wasn’t at the Euros. Other teams might still play with a target man but it’s been a far more mobile player with other players coming onto him quicker is support.
A Michael Owen clone is needed.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The price of replica kits is disgusting.
Can’t blame folk for buying fake ones.
Unfortunately that is the norm for a shirt nowadays and it stinks. Wheni was on Holiday last year a guy was showing me his fake shirts from China.I just couldn’t.
Cannot remember the last time I bought a new release shirt. That will change this season. Citys new shirt 3rd shirt is a thing of beauty. Yellow and black stripes. Like the old one City beat Gillingham in the 1st play off final.
Oddly enough that shirt and a few others I have are worth quite a few quid.Old retro shirts are going for stupid money.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It really had nothing to do with not having confidence about dropping Kane, it’s simply a different opinion to yours.

I would of not dropped Kane at any point, yes, substitute him if required, but come September and the next England game, if he is fit he would start for me, this tournament hasn’t changed my mind about him being one of the top strikers in the world snd England’s best CF.
Honestly, the amount of thickos in this country writing Kane off is hilarious. Very short memories. He just had one of the best seasons of his career, scored over 40 goals in all comps at a goal a game ratio, and he's about to turn 31 so still in his prime. Yet people talk like he's about to retire because he had a bad tournament, when at least 7 of our starters also had a bad tournament by most people's accounts. After a short break, come the next set of qualifiers he will be back smashing goals in. There is no doubt about that.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Honestly, the amount of thickos in this country writing Kane off is hilarious. Very short memories. He just had one of the best seasons of his career, scored over 40 goals in all comps at a goal a game ratio, and he's about to turn 31 so still in his prime. Yet people talk like he's about to retire because he had a bad tournament, when at least 7 of our starters also had a bad tournament by most people's accounts. After a short break, come the next set of qualifiers he will be back smashing goals in. There is no doubt about that.

Long as he is dropped for any finals as his record in them for a top striker is appalling