The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve had the pleasure of serving with Scottish and Welsh Regiments and I can 100% guarantee that even though they took the same oath of allegiance as me, the majority want to see the England football team fail.
Fail at what, they have the best team by a country mile and have had for years in Uk terms, and to be totally honest, they probably (arguably) have the best players in the world right now.
You’re reasoning is pathetic, for me personally, I always want the home nations to do well.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Fail at what, they have the best team by a country mile and have had for years in Uk terms, and to be totally honest, they probably (arguably) have the best players in the world right now.
You’re reasoning is pathetic, for me personally, I always want the home nations to do well.

Why is it “pathetic” ? Why must there always be a label attached to an opinion or a belief when it comes to rivalry within sports

It’s very clear that there is centuries worth of rivalry between the various home nations at many sports and it’s only natural for some to want their respective rival to fail

PaulMdj

Visit site
That’s fine Brian, but let’s not pretend the majority of Jocks feel the way you do.

I only have this lookout when it comes to Football, it maybe pathetic to you, but I’m just being honest, unfortunately my experience of Scottish Football supporters and their attitude to England fans is somewhat tarnished.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
The guy obviously lacks common sense.
If we lose on Sunday & a group of young lads have been on the sauce all day and see his window 🤷‍♂️
I remember being in a pub watching Uruguay beat England in the Brazil 2014 world cup...walked back to my hotel (I was working away from home), was in the lift going up to my floor when two beer'd up England fans got in the lift with me.

Now I've always been a tanned, swarthy bugger all my life....one of the pasty faced sunburned yobs turns to me in the lift and asks me, in what I imagine he thought was a menacing tone... "are you from Uruguay?"

I explained that I was English and my dark complexion was due to my family on my mothers side being from a Nottinghamshire coal mining community (true but I was taking the piss out of the drunk pillock and he didn't realise).

After a brief pause he said...."it lucky for you that your not Uruguayan after what happened tonight".

Lift doors open for my floor and I step outside....and then, just as the doors start to close, I stopped them with my foot, looked the guy square in his bloodshot eyes and said...."how do you know that it wasn't you that was lucky that I'm not from Uruguay"?

It took him a few seconds to process this implied threat, and I could see confusion reigned in his eyes, but by the time he'd figured out his response I'd removed my foot and the lift doors had closed.

But yeah....there are idiots everywhere looking for any excuse to cause trouble.

Last edited:

PaulMdj

Visit site
I’m as far away from that, than you’d believe 👍🏻
I don’t doubt it, hence why I’ve never tarred every Scottish Person with the same brush and I’m probably in the tiniest of majorities when it comes to my point of view and the other Home Nations football teams.👍🏻

Pin-seeker

Visit site
This tournament has definitely been the best on the forum for a while,at least people not supporting England aren’t trying to spoil it for others.
🙌

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
As for people saying they don’t know any other Englishmen who don’t want England to win, they need to get out more, there are quite a few in the North East who really have no interest in football and don’t care if England win or not.

Got to say as a fellow plastic North Easterner, I've yet to meet a single person up here who doesn't want England to do the biz on Sunday night. All my Toon, Sunderland, Middlesbrough etc mates are right behind the team.
I really don't know where you've got that vibe from.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That’s fine Brian, but let’s not pretend the majority of Jocks feel the way you do.

I only have this lookout when it comes to Football, it maybe pathetic to you, but I’m just being honest, unfortunately my experience of Scottish Football supporters and their attitude to England fans is somewhat tarnished.
I would prefer that we didn't use the term "jock" on here.
Thanks.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Got to say as a fellow plastic North Easterner, I've yet to meet a single person up here who doesn't want England to do the biz on Sunday night. All my Toon, Sunderland, Middlesbrough etc mates are right behind the team.
I really don't know where you've got that vibe from.
Chatting in the Golf Club, few of the old fellas couldn’t care less. Bit of fun with the Rugby lads who also can’t stand “kiss ball”